Chapter 24

Itachi was left in front of the tree kneeling down with his head buried in his knees crouching down, trying to hide his blush. He traced his lips with his fingers and brushed his hair out of his face.

"Oh, Naruko...What have you done to me?..."

----------------------------------------

The one and a half weeks passed by smoothly. The news of Naruko and Itachi dating got out very quickly. When Sasuke heard it, he was furious for some strange reason. Furious. Why? He had a wife didn't he. He should be loving Sakura and devoting his time to her. Sasuke demanded to see the Hokage, but was always refused. Naruko always refused any visits from anyone other than Shikamaru and Itachi. She once again drowned herself in paperwork and continued to over exert herself. Itachi came by often to comfort her and take care of her generally. He was her boyfriend after all! Naruko was grateful to Itachi and slowly started to harbour feelings for Itachi. Her feelings for Sasuke haven't completely disappeared yet so she always refused visits from Sasuke. Seeing him would've made it more painful. Well, she technically refused visits from almost everyone. The pile of paperwork would never end! Itachi and Naruko's relationship went by smoothly. They hugged, kissed, and even rose up a rank to making out, but that was pretty rare.  

It was time for Sasuke and Sakura's wedding. Naruko of course booked the best church there was for her teammates. Sakura was feeling very happy. Her dream from a very young age has come true. Sasuke on the other hand, was feeling a little gloomy. He stood in front of a large mirror while there were girls trying to dress him and decorate him with flowers. Sasuke looked at himself in the mirror. He looked pretty tired. You could see the bags under his eyes but most of it was covered up with concealer. The girls left and closed the door. Sasuke took a proper look in the mirror at himself. He was dressed in a white suit. White shirt, vest, jacket, pants and shoes. They were decorated with white flowers. An angelic colour. The total opposite of his mood and aura. Pretty funny actually.

Naruko was definitely avoiding him. He hasn't seen her for the past week or so, and whenever he would try to see her, she would refuse to see him. He was told that only Shikamaru and Itachi were able to see her, and he had been pretty angry about this, but today she was going to come out of hiding. Naruko had to attend Sasuke's wedding. Sasuke was finished getting dressed, and then he heard the doors of his dressing room open. He turned around to see who it was. It was Itachi, Sarada, Mebuki, and Sarada's friends, the bridesmaids. Sasuke smiled at them and walked to a corner. Itachi went up to him and patted him on the shoulder. 

"You're getting married, eh?"

"Hn.."

"Are you nervous?"

"Yea.."

"Well, you did a good job finding a wife. She's pretty, nice and knows how to cook! You even have a daughter! Lucky you! Never would have thought that you would've found a wife before me!"

"Yea..." The silence between Sasuke and Itachi was awkward. 

"Is something the matter? You don't seem very happy.." Itachi asked. Sasuke's head whipped around to Itachi. He then played it off real smooth. 

"Hahaha.. It's probably my nerves getting to me! Besides it's an Uchiha thing y'know.. The broody, arrogant Uchihas..hahahha..." Itachi raised an eyebrow. He still had doubts but didn't want to question it. 

"Pfff....If you say so.." Itachi chuckled. 

"Uhh..by the way, how.. is Naruko..?" Sasuke awkwardly asked. Itachi's eyes widened. He then smiled at Sasuke.

"You'll see.." Itachi said while patting Sasuke on the shoulder once more before dissappearing with the rest of the group out the door. 

It was time! Sasuke walked to the hall into a large room where guests were piling in. He walked up to the slightly raised platform and stood there waiting for the program to start. He was pretty nervous. Didn't know the reason though. It was almost time for the wedding. More guests were pouring in and then one of the side doors opened. The crowd started to settle down a bit even though it hadn't started yet. 

Out came Naruko wearing her usual outfit, except for the hat. She was panting and wheezing. She bent over and put her hands on her knees and rested in that position for a few seconds before standing up again and walking to her designated seat. Thoughts started running through Sasuke's mind.

Why didn't she dress up in a pretty dress? Why is she in still in her cloak? Why does she still have those pigtails up? She looks like she just rushed over in a hurry, and.. wait...

Sasuke's eyes widened. Without her hat? She looked godly. Like an angel. Even if she looked liked she was about to pass out. The sunshine shone from outside onto her. She had her cloak and her hands swinging from the side. You could tell she had bags under her eyes. No amount of makeup could hide that. She had a flustered look on her face, all red and she was sweating a bit. Her golden long hair swayed from side to side as she was walking. Naruko and Sasuke's eyes met, until Naruko turned it away and smiled to the crowd. Everyone in the crowd gasped as they laid their eyes on the golden haired girl. At first they whispered to each other and chattered amongst themselves about who this mysterious woman was, until they saw the back of her cloak. They then stood up and cheered and clapped. It has been such a long time when they saw the Hokage's face. Naruko started waving at the crowd with one hand and one head scratching the back of her head, with a huge smile on her face. Naruko took her place a bit behind Sasuke and almost tripped. The crowd started laughing and Naruko started to laugh with them. No matter where Naruko was she definitely always lit up the mood. Sasuke chuckled at Naruko's playful antics and then stopped himself. He could feel his face heat up.

Wait..what?...