diciotto | sick

SHE HATED LIVING UNDER the same roof as him and not talking, and not even being on good terms just made everything much more awkward then it should be

SHE HATED LIVING UNDER the same roof as him and not talking, and not even being on good terms just made everything much more awkward then it should be. Maybe she had overreacted the other day, she thought. And also partially lied to him. Sure, she was tired of his attitude constantly changing, but she never really meant the part about not loving him.

Naomi was angry and had blurted out things, some things she didn't even mean. But it was too late, those words were already spoken and she couldn't take them back. She regretted saying anything to him.

As for Paulo, those words had actually made him think. He wanted to change for her, he wanted to make her forget everything he had ever done to hurt her, he wanted her to forget about every time he had hurt her, and even the things he had done and she wasn't even aware of yet. He wanted to replace the Paulo she despised, and become the person she deserved. But for some reason, his mind couldn't comprehend that sometimes.

He cared for Naomi, a lot. But it seemed to slip his mind at times, along with the love he had for her and his self-control. Before even being with Naomi, he had a couple of girlfriends and many hook-ups with girls he didn't even know names of. But after Paulo had met Naomi, his attention only seemed devoted to her.

After a few years of dating, he realized she was an extremely forgiving person, possibly the only reason why he thought cheating was fine at the time. He had no self-control- no matter how many times he swore that he loved Naomi. It was as if his self-control would go out the window after he saw a beautiful woman he felt attracted to.

He knew it was wrong, that he promised Naomi that he loved her and then his actions would show the opposite.

She was tired of of the constant sneaking around from him, almost oblivious of what he was doing- she cursed at herself for falling for his tricks and charm when it came to apologizing. She was sick of it all, but the way- the love she felt for him was not enough to drive her away from him and his problems that always seemed to somehow hurt her.

Paulo knew he had done her wrong, way too many times to count, and he wanted to change for her and be the person she deserved. But sometimes he gave up on that, because he knew he could never be the man she truly deserved. He had confessed to her many times, that he just wasn't the right person for her. But she stuck around, hoping that one day, Paulo would finally change for good.

-

"I'll head there as soon as I get tickets. I'll call you to check up on him, okay," Naomi said into her phone. Paulo stared at her, as he entered kitchen where she was cooking a few minutes ago, until she had gotten a call from her sister in Argentina, Valentina.

Paulo looked at her with a confused face, wondering what was wrong as Naomi opened her laptop quickly and typed a few words and scrolled for a few minutes. "There is one for tonight, so I'll be in Buenos Aires in the morning tomorrow," she told her sister, not being aware that Paulo was watching, "I'll see you tomorrow, Adios hermana, te amo."

Her eyes lingered on her laptop screen for a few minutes, until she heard soft footsteps and her gaze landed on Paulo. She looked at him for a few seconds and then back to her screen, acting as if his presence was not noticed by her. "Are you going back to Argentina?" He asked.

Naomi looked up again, only to nod her head, and mumbled a quick, "yes." The first word she had said to him since their argument a few days back.

It had taken him a few seconds to process what she had said. He felt worried, he didn't know why she was even going back to Argentina, but he didn't need a reason. What he knew was that he didn't want her too. All that came to his mind was; she's going to leave you, along with other thoughts that made him feel worried. But he felt guilty, because it was all his fault.

"Why are you going to Argentina?" Paulo asked, trying to stay calm.

"My father got really sick yesterday, and they had to take him to the hospital, so I'm heading to Argentina tomorrow, to see him," she replied. Her response had given him some sort of relief, but that didn't mean he still wasn't worried. There were lots of things that were bothering him, things he just couldn't say.

Paulo nodded, "Do you think that's a good idea?" he asked. Naomi looked at him with a confused but semi-angered face. "Before, you get mad at me, let me rephrase that. You told me a week ago that you were going to have an interview with some university you were interested in, on Thursday?" Paulo added.

Truth was, he still didn't want her going back to Argentina- and he had somehow remembered about her interview to not make him seem so bad. He had meant the first question he had asked- but he had at least 'saved' himself from her getting angry at him.

"I'll try to be back by then, if not, then I guess attending that university isn't a possibility anymore," she shrugged.

Paulo nodded, "I'm going with you." Naomi gave him a strange look, one that showed more confusion, "Are you sure? Don't you have practice and matches to worry about? The season is almost over, don't you think it's better for you to not miss matches and practice anymore?"

He nodded, "like you said, the season is almost over, I won't be missing much. Plus, missing one or two practices isn't that bad," he shrugged.

"For you it's probably not, but what about the team and Allegri?"

Paulo looked at Naomi with a blank face, "They don't need me that much, and missing two practices won't hurt anybody, Nao. Plus, we'll probably be back before I have a match."

She nodded, and continued looking at the flight tickets. "What ever you say Paulo."

The last thing he wanted at this moment was to go back to Argentina, all he wanted was to forget about what had happened there. He had promised himself that he would change because, all he wanted was to finally see her happy.

sorry for not updating last week, i've been pretty busy with school. i love you all!