sette | argentina

WHEN NAOMI TOLD PAULO that no one would love him like she would, she was right

WHEN NAOMI TOLD PAULO that no one would love him like she would, she was right. But Paulo only realized that much later when she had given up on them. Paulo always took her for granted, always thinking that she would love him the same way, no matter what he did. But that was where he was very, very wrong- and he only realized when he couldn't fix nothing between them anymore.

At first Naomi didn't want to believe that what they had wasn't a good relationship- but it a toxic relationship.

What else would you call a relationship in where he kept taking you for granted and he could care less when you wanted or how you felt? The constant fighting all time- which was normal for some couples these days, but sometimes it was too much, they would argue about the smallest and most stupidest thing. And the days would go by, as they would not talk to one another, even if they lived under the same roof.

Everything always seemed to go wrong in their relationship, anything hardly ever went right. It was as if it was sign: they were wrong for each other. But she was too oblivious, too blind to see it. Maybe it was the "love" that had her this way. When you love someone- like Naomi loved Paulo- you'd let them do almost anything. No matter how much she hurt in his presence, she still loved him or what she believed was love.

Paulo knew everything wasn't right, he just choose to act like it was. When everything in their relationship was the exact opposite of healthy. Paulo knew that their relationship was something that probably should've never happened, and that he should just let her go so she can be happy. But it was too hard for him, it caused him pain to even think about letting her go.

But he only thought of the pain he felt, he never really noticed how much pain he never realized the pain he caused her.

Sometimes she just couldn't but help to love the times where they seemed like they were happy as an actual couple, and the times where Paulo seemed like he really did love her.

"Nao, did you hear what I was saying?"

She shook her head. "Uhm... no I didn't. I'm sorry, Paulo," she mumbled quietly, somewhat embarrassed that she had completely blocked him out.

At the moment, they were in a restaurant having dinner- something they hadn't done together in months maybe. Paulo thought it had been too long since they had dinner together and talked. The half Italian, and half Argentinian girl who sat right in front of Paulo, wanted to enjoy this, but her mind just couldn't help but drift off to other things.

"I was saying that we should go to Argentina, to see my mother. I talked to her yesterday and she said she misses you a lot," Paulo began. "Plus my 'winter break' is coming up soon, and I think we should go back to Argentina and see my mother. And maybe you can visit your father too," he added, hoping it would be enough to convince her to come.

Naomi's parents had divorced when she was only ten. Her father still lived in Argentina, now with his new wife- Naomi visited him very often since she had always been the closest to her father. Being born the youngest of the family with three other sisters, she was always treated like a baby. But it meant she was a 'daddy's girl'- and always got what she wanted when she was younger. She was the center of attention of the family. But after her parents divorced, everything seemed to fall apart, and she couldn't do anything to make them happy again.

Naomi's mother moved back to Milan, Italy- where she was born- with the oldest daughter, Giovanna, and Naomi after they divorced. While the other two sisters, Teresa and Valentina stayed in Argentina with their father.

Naomi had wanted to stay with her father after the divorcement, but she wasn't allowed to because she was too 'young' at the time and needed her mother. Overtime, living in Italy she had become much closer to Giovanna and her mother, even though they lived in different cities now, they always visited each other all the time.

But with Naomi and her father and her other sisters, it was different now. She hadn't visited them since the time she found out that her father and his new wife had a son. Naomi wasn't the child he seemed to devote his time into, and every time she visited her father, she felt ignored and like a burden to him. As if he didn't care anymore, so she stopped trying and hasn't returned to Argentina since then.

By now, her father probably knew she was dating Paulo because, who didn't know 'La Joya' in Argentina? There was no doubt that her father didn't know who Paulo was.

"What if I don't want to see my father?"

"But you might want to see your sisters," he reasoned, hoping it would be enough to agree on going.

"Not really. But, I'll go because, I love and miss your mother," she smiled.

Paulo smiled back at her, being extremely happy that she had agreed to coming to Argentina with him. But after that trip, he wouldn't be feeling the same way. He regretted ever convincing her to return to their country, Argentina.

lol stuff is gonna go down during their trip to argentina lol ;') also i changed a few things about naomi's family- so i really recommend for you guys rereading the second chapter so everything makes more sense with this chapter.

ily guys