due | instinct

NAOMI FELT ARMS WRAP AROUND HER, she turned to see it was Paulo who had wrapped his arms around her waist and placed his chin on her shoulder

NAOMI FELT ARMS WRAP AROUND HER, she turned to see it was Paulo who had wrapped his arms around her waist and placed his chin on her shoulder. "Hi," Paulo said gently, along with a shy smile. "What are you doing?"

It was things like these - his innocent and pure smile that made her feel like Paulo wasn't capable of doing the things she feared.

"I was just getting ready to go and visit my mom. Do you want to come?" Naomi asked him, hoping he would come.

"I have to hang with the guys today, they're supposed to come over, so we can play some FIFA," he lied to her, straight to her face with no hesitation. Paulo did it all the time, he was used to it.

"Oh, alright. Well I'll see you later," Naomi mumbled, with a small smile.

"Alright mia bella, I'll see you later," Paulo told her and pressed a soft kiss to her forehead.

A few minutes after Naomi had left, she walked into the apartment- the apartment that Paulo and Naomi shared. Left alone for hours, enough for them to do things, in their home. Things that Naomi couldn't believe he was capable of doing.

She always had this feeling inside, that Paulo was cheating and that he was unfaithful. But how could she leave him, when she was in love with him. It was hard for her to understand that who she loved, didn't love her back as much or even at all. No matter how many times she told herself that she deserved better and that she had to leave him, she couldn't. She was in love; and love was such a beautiful thing to experience but it was also dangerous to fall in love with the wrong person. She felt trapped, trapped into something that wasn't real.

As Naomi sat with her mother, telling her how good of a person Paulo was, while he was at home betraying her. Everything good she said about him were only lies. If she could only open her eyes to see what was actually going on.

"Don't fall in love with someone who may never love you, Valentina," her mother told her, calling Naomi by her middle name.

"Si mamma," she answered.

Her mother was always suspicious of Paulo, or any boy she had ever dated because she didn't want anyone breaking her youngest m daughter's heart- or any of her daughters' hearts in fact. She had always been cautious when it came Paulo; she thought there was something off about him, that something didn't seem right about the Argentinian boy.

But the thing is, she had fallen in love for someone who would probably never love her. She had done what her mother had told her to not do.

-

"How were the boys and FIFA?" Naomi asked, as she sat next to Paulo on the couch.

"Uhm, it was good and they were fun. We had lots of fun playing FIFA, I guess. How were your parents?" Paulo said hesitantly, since her question had caught him somewhat off-guard.

"That's great. And it was great, we talked a lot and went to a restaurant for dinner," she said. "Also, my sister is wondering when you'll be able to come and visit, also Mateo says he misses you."

"Tell her I'll probably visit soon and I miss Mateo, I'll visit soon to play with him," Paulo said with a smile.

With Naomi's mother it was much different, her mother didn't like Paulo so much, or at all. Maybe it was her mother's instinct that Paulo was no good for her daughter - and maybe it would have been better if Naomi would have listened to her mother, it would have saved her from the pain of heartbreak in the future; but she didn't. Her mother thought he was no good.

"Do you ever wonder how our future, or just how we will turn out?" Naomi asked Paulo randomly, as they lied together on the couch.

"Not really, why?"

"Do you think we will be together forever?" Naomi questioned shyly, looking up at him with the most innocent and purest brown eyes. The eyes that made him feel weak sometimes, the eyes he fell in love with. The same eyes that made him question why he did all of this to her.

"Yeah... we will," Paulo lied, knowing that what they had would end because of him - but he didn't think it would end so soon.