sedici | giovanna

❝I DON'T EVEN KNOW,❞ Naomi sighed as she heard her older sister let out a huff as well

I DON'T EVEN KNOW,❞ Naomi sighed as she heard her older sister let out a huff as well.

"How long has he been acting this way?" Giovanna- the oldest child of the DiRossi family- said through the phone.

Naomi didn't necessarily have someone to really talk to when it came to problems like the ones she had with Paulo. Giovanna didn't know about how their relationship actually was or the fact that Paulo wasn't treating her younger sister well. Giovanna only thought they were having problems from time to time, nothing very serious. But what she didn't know was that Paulo was hurting her, and had been doing it for so long.

"Just a few days now," Naomi lied, it had been years actually. "Gio, he just seems to distant and all. He doesn't talk to me, only when he needs to. I just.." Naomi paused.

Should she tell her sister what was really going on? Giovanna would totally go crazy, drive all the way to Turin right now and yell at Paulo for everything he had done to her little sister. That was definitely something she wanted to avoid.

"You what?" Giovanna trailed off quietly, wondering what her sister wanted to say. She always thought there was something strange about Naomi and Paulo's relationship. At first when Paulo and Naomi began dating, everything was perfect and she didn't need the feel to worry about her sister.

But these past two years, it seemed as if everything had changed between them. Giovanna knew that Naomi wasn't telling her something, she wanted to know and possibly help her if there was anything wrong, but she wouldn't get into her business or beg her to tell her what was really going on.

"Nothing," she mumbled. "Maybe he might be going through something," Naomi said.

"I guess," Giovanna muttered. "I mean, Paulo loves you, I don't think he would be doing anything to hurt you. Maybe he's just going through a few things," Giovanna added.

The older DiRossi sister had heard that Naomi didn't sound so happy, she sounded very monotoned, which was strange for Argentine-Italian girl who usually always sounded so cheerful, even when she wasn't in the best place herself.

"Yeah, of course," Naomi said softly, as she checked her nightstand to see that her digital clock read 20:15, and Paulo still wasn't home from his practice. She knew he wouldn't be at practice, but the least he could do was send her a text so she wouldn't worry about him and spend her time calling him which was useless since he wouldn't pick up.

She felt angry at herself that she thought Paulo would still love her after everything he did. Naomi loved him, and he made it seem like he did, only for these past weeks in Argentina.