Organization

"Bats he's not dangerous please let him go!" Wally begged as everyone was waiting for the three heroes to exit and zatanna stayed away from her friends except Wally.

"Wallace that's not up for your perspective," canary stated sternly as her hands shook a little from before but tucked them away.

"Lance could've hurt me but he didn't, he's not a evil villain," zatanna crossed her arms standing with Wally.

"Zatanna, wally, enough of this, it's not up for discussion," batman growled.

"Why not? We know him-" "he will kill you," canary snapped. "He's tried to kill us when he was younger,"

"You know him?" Conner raised an eye brow.

"He was a kid! He was being used and abused! They messed him up!" Wally yelled.

"And he's better now?" Superman cut in.

"He's with people that don't hurt him, I say that's a fucking improvement," zatanna cried with wide eyes.

"Just let us talk to him, he trusts us," she sighed but batmans glare gave her an answer.

"He'll get out, either on his own or his friends will find him, they could take you down just so they can find one of their own," zatanna growled walking past them and hit her shoulder against superman as they where taken by surprise.

"Wally how are you defending him?" Artemis grabbed his shoulder.

"Because he's like me!" Wally snapped at her.

"What?" She glared at him.

"Because how many speedsters do I know? How many are in the world? We don't have people that are like us, Lance is just as alone as I have been not knowing what to do with my powers, the flash taught me some things but I'm not as good... But these are all the speedsters I know," Wally backed away looking down.

"And speedsters stick together," he whispered walking away to go after zatanna.

------

Lance laid on a bed that only had a thin pillow and no blanket as he was in some sort of cell that had a particle barrier around him as he was against a wall. He checked for escapes already, the air vent was in the ceiling that was almost two stories high. The particle barrier was solid and went through the floor. It reminded him almost of the cell he grew up in...

Except this one he could see without sneaking in a glow stick, and it was a little bigger, and he had a bed.

He let out a bored sigh with his hands behind his head laying on the bed on his back staring at the vent above him. There was just no chance.

He glanced hearing people enter the room but not the barrier, probably seeing if he'd talk.

"Lance?" Wally?

The Cuban speedster sat up seeing zatanna and Wally walking in.

"Oh this is a low for the JL," Lance groaned laying back down.

"They send in those who pity me, wonderful," Lance made a unenthusiastic whooping sound.

"Lance we just wanna talk," zatanna said softly.

"Interrogate," he corrected her. She glared.

"No, talk," she stated.

"I wanna help,"

"I doubt by help you mean escape," Lance scoffed sitting up again and walked to them at the end of the barrier.

"I'll send out the signal to your team," zatanna said quietly.

"Wait zee what?" Wally looked at her.

"This is the only way," she looked down. "I don't know if I'll still be welcomed though,"

"Then don't do it," Lance gulped seeing she was sincere.

"But you gotta answer questions before I can do it Lance, I gotta know," zatanna whispered looking at his blue eyes.

"What do you want to know?" He slowly nodded to agree.

"If I let you out, are you just going to hurt us with your team?" She asked sadly looking at Lance.

"Not unless you attack first, I'll try to keep away from the little league, but if your big dogs come after us we won't hold back," Lance said truthfully.

"Who are you running to from here? Just your team?" Zatanna continued.

"My team is my family, an-" Lance cut himself off looking away.

"Come on man, you have to tell us the truth," Wally pursed his lips with worried eyes. He practically begged him with his green eyes to show he's not as evil that everyone thinks he is.

"When I get out of here, I'm going straight to my boyfriend," Lance said with a small glared.

"Aw you have a boyfriend? Is it the little green one?" Zatanna gasped happily.

"That's a girl, and no... It's the angry red one," Lance smirked.

"But we haven't completely came out yet so I mean there's that," Lance rubbed the back of his neck blushing lightly.

"Lance, bats and canary said something about running into you back in the day, you being an assassin, what do they mean?" Wally asked slowly and the two looked at him.

"W-when..." Lances hands started to shake as he looked down. He swallowed a lump.

"When I was little, I was given to an organization to fix me, they wanted to fix meta humans," he started with a deep breath closing his eyes.

"My dad handed me over because I was the only one out of my three other siblings," he took a small pause. "They broke meta humans down and built us up, but into weapons, to think 'finish your mission right and on time then you get a reward',"

"What's the reward?" Zatanna asked.

"A meal for the night," he shrugged crossing his arms. "They'd let us starve, longest I went was a week,"

"And that's if you don't finish the mission?" Her eyes widen as Wally felt sick to his stomach. Speedsters had to eat constantly due to metabolism, he felt faint if he didn't for a day, passed out sometimes.

"No, that was merciful, the punishment was getting whipped for how many hours your late back by, if master was disappointed he'd beat you, we had chips in our necks and would electrocute us every five minutes we weren't back to base by," Lance explained and showed them the scar of where Keith cut out the chip in his neck.

"O-oh God, oh my god Lance," zatanna had tears in her eyes.

"I escaped like three or two years ago, I think I was thirteen, not sure, until I was ten I was electrocuted by the electric chair to be reminded how meta humans where in my head and I wasn't allowed to run, I think I was five when I was given to them," he put a hand on his chin and shrugged it off.

"Lance who are they? Who did that to you?" Wally asked looking slightly paler as he also seemed angered by this.

"They didn't have a name, they're just called the organization," Lance gulped crossed his arms closing his eyes.