No hero

Canary walked to the infirmary as she saw Lance laying in a bed as she saw scars along his body that where so old and so deep. It's been years since she saw those blue eyes, fear, pain, hope. But he was different now, he experienced happiness... Was he the same as all those years ago? He wasn't alone this time.

"Lance McClain, claimed dead," a deep voice stated behind her.

"This is that assassin years ago Bruce and what do you mean dead?" she looked at Bruce but as a second went by she looked back at the boy looking at his wounds on his neck and shoulder, they where bare for them to wrap his ribs and other injuries.

"Lance McClain has been claimed dead since he was five, he and his father went on a father son trip and later found the vehicle burnt with no survivors," batman glared at the teen.

"And we did nothing, even when he found us we did nothing but threaten to put him in prison," canary glared at the fellow hero. "He needed our help..."

"This is our fault,"

An eleven year old boy sat in his cell that somehow he called home, he sat on a bed that was just an old mattress and held a blue lion stuff animal close to his chest rocking back and forth. He flinched when the alarms went off but wasn't fazed, it was probably a drill again for the soldiers... Hopefully not for people like him, they call them super weapons.

Tortured for being meta humans but used for weapons to be or to be tested on. It was mostly both. That they would be perfect weapons that no one has ever seen.

But when he heard his door being opened he knew he was dead wrong. They where coming for him.

"Project b10," a man stated and Lance cried out when he grabbed his thin arm and threw him in the hallway as he looked side to side flinching at the loud alarms.

"If you want to eat tonight boy then you know what to do," Lance had a gun shoved into his hands as he looked up at them with wide eyes.

"W-who sir?" Lance stuttered loading the gun easy but his hands shook as he cocked it.

"Anyone that enters our building," he shoved Lance forward.

"J-just me?" He squeaked in fear.

"Either they die or you die," Lance cried out when they kicked him further away and he scrambled to his feet backing away.

"Yes sir," he whispered walking away as he was forced down the halls and his eyes widen seeing a woman and man sneaking into the control room. Batman and black canary.

Lance snuck down the hall after them as his heart pounded knowing his mission. He has to kill the heroes.
The small brunette pressed his back against the wall and held the gun to his chest with his finger on the trigger peaking over the corner as his eyes widen seeing them getting information.

'What will they do if they find out about me?' He thought fearfully. He couldn't go into another prison, another way to just be used.
He hated this feeling of helplessness, he wasn't human to the world, he was just a weapon.

Maybe it was time to start acting like it...

Lance growled as he stood in a firm stance and aimed the gun at the two heroes with his heart pounding so fast it almost began to hurt his chest. Bruise his ribs. He couldn't tell, but it ached.

BANG

Lance set off more gun shots as batman grabbed canary as she hid behind his cape. He frowned and raced to the otherside of the room while he tripped canary and skidded to the wall.

"You have to get out of here," he whispered knowing he was clear view of the cameras in the corner.

"Your a child," batman glared.

"Take me with you please," he held the gun up nervously glancing and shot to the side in case of being suspicious to those who owned him.

"Over my dead body," batman growled as he swooped his cape as the ends hit Lance and a small gash was on his cheek from the ends that where like paper cuts. Lance gasped speeding away as canary let out a sound wave scream and created a crater in the wall.

"Your just a villain in the making," canary turned to Lance as he pointed the gun still. He shot again and it hit her side.

"Them please help, I wanna go home," Lance had tears in his eyes. He let out a screamed as he ducked batmans fist and blocked a kick as he swirved under and kicked him with speed in the chest as he heard a cracking sound.

"Sorry," he flinched.

"You should get going... They won't like it when your still here, they don't like me already," Lance wiped a quick tear as he hugged himself.

He gasped as in slow motion seeing batman throwing a gadget. Lance raised an eye brow and grabbed it easily as he looked at it confused.

"Please don't-" Lance let out a  cry as the gadget was a bomb as it sent him to the wall and blacked out.

Lance woke up with a small grown holding his bloodied head seeing the room empty now. He gulped sitting against the wall as his ears rung but saw a man walk in the room holding his cane.

"Grand master," he bowed on the floor with his head down and swear dripping down his face.

"I'm s-sorry they got away," lances voice shook in fear as he didn't dare look up.

"You've failed me to many times boy, you'll never learn a proper lesson," the older man growled as he raised his cane. Lance closed his eyes waiting for his cane to crack across his back once again.

Then it came.

Lance gasped and sprung out of the bed and was against the wall frantically touching the white walls trying to find anything.

"Keith!" He screamed shaking, no, he was vibrating.

"Lance," batman said sternly reaching for him but suddenly wind passed them and Lance was gone with just barely a breeze following.

"Fuck,"