Chapter 2: 2:25 Wya?

La'Toya
First block is finna be a breeze. I check my schedule to see the class number. I spot my first block down the hall on the left hand side. There is a tall, masculine man by the door. I stop and kinda peep around the corner. He looks right at my face. Note to self be more discreet. "Hi, welcome back! May I see your schedule?" I hand him my schedule and size him up.

He looks like he is about 6'2, and a retired basketball player, track-star, and a low key golfer. His skin is a smooth, caramel color. The only wrinkles he has in his face are the ones he has from smiling. I observe his strong, sharp jawline. His eyes hold a hazel color. He has a thin mustache and trimmed sideburns/stubble. His hair is starting to get a little longer in his buzz cut. His voice has some authority in it and its deepness will send shiver down your spine. Something deep down tells me he's all bark with no bite.

He looks up from his class roster, "It's all set." He extends out his hand. "I'm Mr. Williams. I'll be your teacher for this semester." I shake his hand and slip into the classroom. I take in the room and immediately I know he didn't decorate this room. His room has a certain touch to it that only a woman can add to it. That's when I spot a picture hanging up on the wall. On the picture I see him and (I'm assuming his wife) holding hands with an adorable toddler. I smile to myself and think "Mmm must be nice." The writing on the board reads, "Welcome to my class!!! There isn't a seating chart sit anywhere you would like." See this is exactly what I need a chill teacher.

Orlando
I already know my first block's location. I pass my schedule to my new first block teacher. She initials it and checks her seating chart. "You're in seat number.....one." Oh she's one of those teachers, and to think I was gonna call her cute. She's already driving me. I find my seat and it's the front desk closest to the door. I place my backpack on the floor. I turn around in my seat to see my classmates. I see a few people I'm cool with. This class ain't gonna be too bad.

LaToya
First block felt like it took longer than 90 minutes. I really can't wait till I see Jaida. I hurry up and pick a spot in the back for us to sit. I place my backpack in the desk beside me so she'll have a place to sit. The urge to sneeze begins to build. I whip out a tissue and sneeze. I rise out of my seat and throw away my tissue. When I come back to my seat I see somebody sitting in it. Before I can say anything another boy comes over and moves my backpack out of the seat I saved for Jaida. I'm really trying not to go off on these lil boys. I take a deep breath and tap the dude sitting in my seat. "Excuse me you're sitting in my seat."

He looks up at me and shrugs. "You move your meat you lose your seat." I suck my teeth and close my eyes.

"Lord please don't lemme catch a charge today. I'm going to ask you and your friend nicely to move outta these two seats please."

That's when the guy in Jaida's seat looks up and I realize it's Orlando.

"Oh these your seats?"

"Yeah."

"Well these seats are ours now and besides big daddy needs this outlet. You and your friend can sit right there."

I bite my tongue and hold my breath. My ears are ringing, and I feel my face getting heated. I'm pretty sure if I was a cartoon character my ears would have steam coming out of them. Just as I was about to flip one of them out of the chair Jaida walks in. "Toya how about we sit over here?" My best friend and I hold a whole conversation with our eyes. She can see I'm ready to fight and my eyes are on the verge of overflowing because of my boiling anger. I give her the rundown of what happened.

"Guh he said big daddy?"

"Yes why is that the only part that you caught?" I am already irritated and that big daddy comment doesn't help.

"Then he told you where we could sit?"

"Yeah he act like he somebody daddy."

"Uh Toya he ya big daddy." She starts laughing.

"Oh you think it's funny." I roll my eyes and mumble somethings that could get me a referral.

"Guh he put you in ya place. Ooo that gives me chills like ooo. The things I would..."

"Stop it and don't bother to finish it. First of all he ain't put me in my place I just avoided confusion. Second of all you brought us over here. Third of all he better be glad we have an extension cord over here. 2:25 Wya?"

"What's first block like for you?"
I start telling her about Mr. Williams. I have a feeling she's going to be like the girls I have in there.

"Guh he could totally be bae real quick. Shoo I'd treat him right. I promise I would. Besides I'm turning 18 in June."

"He's like in his late 40's early 50's."

"Okay he can be my sugar daddy. He can take care of me, pay my tuition, and buy me stuff."

*cough "Gold digger." *cough

"I heard that and he could bring me hella food too."

*cough "Food digger!"

She puts her hands on her knees, looks back, and sticks her tongue out. "You know it!"

"See this why I can't take you no where!"

"You still love me tho."

"I guess."

"Wow issa bet."

Class goes by fairly quick and so does lunch. Basically all the classes were talking about class procedures, student handbook, school rules, and dress code. 2:25 sure did take its time. Now lemme hurry up and get outta here before I get stuck in traffic.