CHAPTER 40: Rescue

Start from the beginning

"Sans! Her vitals!" Undyne yelled back at me. I brushed off the noise and looked at Undyne, to had her hands to her neck. "She's gone."

Beep.. Beep.. Beep..

"Undyne.." I spoke once again, as I caught a glimpse of her blonde hair.

Blonde? Frisk was a brunette. Wasn't she?

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"UNDYNE! Get out of there!" I yelled, realizing the only noise could be one thing. "That's not Frisk!"

Beep Beep Beep-

I rushed in there and grabbed Undyne by the arm, harshly, and teleported out of the cell, rushing over to Papyrus as a large blast could be heard from the cell.

Shit. Reinforcements should be making their way down here now.

"Sans! What the fuck!?" Undyne called, walking briskly over to the cell, where the dead girl once lied. She was now in pieces, a soul couldn't be sensed at all.

"She's been dead for a while." I said, looking at Undyne. "This girl was left to rot here, as Frisk is being left as-well."

Does Frisk have a bomb attached to her as-well? That would be a problem.

I closed my eyes and concentrated, searching for the strongest soul I knew. There was nothing, at first, until a faint soul was heard from the back. A cry for help.

"There. In the back." I said, pointing towards the far corner of the cells aligned up in perfect columns.

I rushed down there, not knowing about how much time we had from that explosion.
There's only one way out. We have to be fast.

"Frisk?!" I called, walking down the hall, looking in each cell. Every cell was the same, a girl shackled up, her hands against the wall, and no soul to be found.

Their souls had been shattered by something else. Something like ... betrayal.

I stopped abruptly at one cell, causing Undyne to bump into me, and send a growl in my direction. "Stay here." I ordered.

Shooting a bone into the lock, the cell opened quickly, swinging open and allowing me to feel the faint essence of a soul.

This girl wasn't shackled to the wall, but she was handcuffed with her hands behind her, her head was also hanging, much like the other girls.

She shifted a little bit, not looking up at us. She knew it was us.

"Heya kiddo." I chuckled, being cautious in the cell, walking over to her. "Seen enough yet?"

She's so weak. It's ... pathetic. I feel no remorse for a human who's killed many of our agents.

Yet I couldn't stop the feeling of guilt, as I couldn't tell her that her own mafia didn't want anything to do with her.
I couldn't tell her what were lies and what were truths they told her. I had to wait till she broke.

It's pathetic. I had my mind set. This was karma.
Why am I so uneasy?

She wouldn't budge even as I put my hand on her shoulder for comfort. Why am I doing this?

"Let's bring ya back." I said, working the shackles From In front of her, making the outside look like I was giving a very awkward hug.

Quickly using the same technique as Undyne, and just shooting something through them, Frisk's body fell onto my shoulder, a slight chuckled came from her pained eyes.

"How many times ... have you saved me yet?" Her voice was weak, and frail. Her brunette hair was matted and she felt lighter than she already was.

Stupid girl. I though to myself. She's always needing someone to have her back.

Ain't so tough now, are ya?

I picked up her 100 Pound body. She was around 5'7. She's supposed to be 135, and healthy.

It's... pathetic.
Putting her on my back, I felt what little strength she had left be put into holding my neck, which wasn't much. Most of the wait of her was held my me.

"Look at you go." Undyne snickered. "You're being sincere for a change." She held a cocky grin and I rolled my eyes at the comment.

"It's not like she's going to remember anyways." I snapped. "Lets go. Papyrus is waiting."