Chapter 33 - Devastated

Start from the beginning

"Cris, put me down!" 

"I will put you down once we are inside the house."

Chase's POV

I almost felt bad for trying to kidnap her. "Let me get out of here."

Cris' POV

"Jake, can you open the door."

"Of course."

I took Kamea upstairs to one of the bedrooms in the house and gently put her down. All of that screaming is not good for her. She cried so much that she fell asleep. I just laid down with her and held her tight.

"How does one console his wife after she witnessed her mother dying?"

I'm going to need help with this because I can't lose her or our babies. 

I saw Marco come into the room.

"How is Kam?"

"She is taking it really hard. Kamea blames herself for what happened. She thinks her family will hate her."

"Noeli passed out after Kam left. I put her in the bedroom across the hall. Kalani and his brothers went to the hospital. I'm going back to lie next to Noeli. I am pretty sure she is going to wake up crying. I need to be there for her. See you in the morning."

2 hours later.

Neither one of the ladies could sleep. Kamea tossed and turned the whole time. And, simultaneously, they both screamed.

Kamea shot up from the bed and just sat up and cried. "I can't sleep knowing my mom is gone. Who is going to be there for me when I need motherly advice about raising my kids? My heart is so broken." 

I got up from the bed and took my suit jacket off. Then, I got back in bed. I motioned for her to lay her head on my chest. "I am here for you, Kamea. And you know my mom will be there too. Talk to me. Please, don't push me away. My heart aches for you. It hurts seeing you this way."

"Every time we will celebrate our anniversary, all I am going to see are images of my mother dying because of me. My babies will never get to meet their grandma. It seems like every time something positive happens, then something horrible happens. I find out I am pregnant, and then Reed kidnaps me. We get married again, then, the same day, my mother is dead. What if someone tries to take you or my kids away from me? I wouldn't be able to make it without you." 

"Sweetheart, there are just so many sick, twisted people that love to see others suffer. I can't guarantee that won't happen. But I can guarantee that I will do whatever it takes to protect you and our four children. You, Noeli, and Kalani are my family. And Marco, myself, and my family will be there for you all."

I started rubbing her belly. "My mom adores you, and I have no doubt she will be there for you when you need motherly advice. So far, you are doing a fantastic job with Día and Rocco. You will be a great mom to our twins."

"I'm sorry for thinking you didn't care about me. I know you love me a lot. And I know Jake cares too. I lost my brother and now my mom. It hurts so much. Just seeing her lying there, motionless, I couldn't bear it."

"Let me help you. We are partners for life. Always remember that. Come on, let's go downstairs and get you something to eat and drink. We haven't had anything since the reception." We got out of bed and headed toward the kitchen.

"Sit, sweetheart." There was some food that we had put aside to eat later, so I made two plates for us.

"Can you make me some tea, if there is any here?"