-22-

Jin woke with a start. His body was covered in a thin sheen of sweat and he was aching all over. He looked around wildly. He was in a bedroom. It looked as though it had been decorated by a rather neat and minimalistic styled woman or a very fancy bed and breakfast. The windows to the room were open, blowing a soft, cooling breeze into the room and letting light spill through. Jin loved the feeling of it, allowing it to wash over his hot, sweating body and watching as it billowed and blew the white curtains around. The room was painted a stark white. It wasn't necessarily a bad color but it was very remnant of hospitals to Jin and he shiver at the thought of it despite being so hot. He was laying a soft bed, also decorated with a white, frilly comforter and white sheets. There was an off-white painted dresser near the window and a lovely, deep red colored carpet than took up around half the floor, letting a bit of the hardwood peek out.

He tried to sit up but gentle hands wrapped around him and held him down. He realized now that there was someone behind him. His eyes wandered back to the person and he was almost relieved to find Hoseok.

"How are you feeling?" Hoseok voice was soft and comforting.

All Jin could do was stare at his face, though. His mask was actually off and Jin was looking at a barefaced Jung Hoseok. He was rather handsome and he had a narrow, youthful face. He didn't look like a gangster or anyone that could harm another soul. He wasn't wearing any eyeliner and his hair was freshly washed and still a bit damp, pulling the brown locks downwards over his forehead. Jin figured he must have dyed it from his natural pitch black to a light brown while he was sleeping.

Hoseok's brow furrowed and his small smile faltered a bit, "Jin?"

"Was all that a dream?" Jin mused out loud.

Hoseok chuckled, "No, pretty boy. I'm afraid it wasn't." he paused another moment as if contemplating whether he should say anything, "I'm sorry about Suga."

So it wasn't a dream...

Jin's hands came up immediately to his throat. He could feel a light, gauze bandage there, wrapping around his throat not entirely unlike Yoongi's own hand. He notice as well that he was wearing a flowing, light brown shirt. He pulled the shoulder down and looked at the bandage on his shoulder. It was wrapped tightly and he wondered how he hadn't felt it before. Suddenly his shoulder was once again on fire.

"What the hell is his problem?" Jin breathed, ghosting the palms of his hand over his bandages.

Hoseok was quiet for a moment, his eyes downcast and lips moving without any words coming out. When he looked down at Jin there was something close to tears in his eyes but not quite. His grip tightened in the awkward kind of back hug he had Jin in.

"Please forgive him if your heart can find a way. He's had it the roughest of all of us. He doesn't mean to be this way he just is."

Jin sunk into the warm embrace, feeling a bit protected for the first time in a while, "What does that mean?"

Again, hesitation radiated off of Hoseok before his words tumbled out, "Please don't tell him I told you any of this. If he knew he'd kill both of us. No lie..." Once Jin let out a quick nod Hoseok continued, "Hyung's mother died when he was very young. He only has a few memories of her but they're all good if from what I remember him talking about her... he rarely talks about her. Last night was the anniversary of her death. He always does some stupid shit every year on her death day. Years ago he got caught and arrested for it and that's how he got the name Suga – he was dealing some drugs when the cops rolled up and caught him." Another moment of hesitation, "Anyway, Hyung's mother died when he was very young.