-5-

Jin almost cried with gratitude when Hoseok came back with food. He hadn't left Jin with his hands free, apologizing again and again for having to tie him back up but he left his legs undone and tied his hands loosely so as to not agitate his wounds. Jin was already thankful for this godsend of an angel – as Hoseok had rightly called himself – but the food had only made Jin trust this man even more. He was a spark of light in a dark place for Jin.

When Hoseok returned Jin was untied and given a nice tray of eggs, kimchi, some kind of stir fried meat and rice. It was more than enough and Jin was ravenous. Hoseok giggled at how quickly the man scarfed down his food but Jin didn't mind the poking. He was just relieved to have a full stomach. Hoseok had also handed Jin a full bottle of water and after eating all the food, Jin opened it with a satisfying snap of the seal breaking and then downed half of it. The water was soothing on his throat, making the bad taste in his mouth from the night before fully vanish.

Hoseok sat with him the entire time, making idle conversation, mostly talking to himself about the weather as Jin ate. When Jin was done, Hoseok collected his plate but left him with the water bottle. He patted Jin on the back and stood, about to carry the plate back up the stairs. Just as he was about to turn to leave, he paused.

"If you promise to cooperate, I can let you use the bathroom and shower and brush your teeth..." Hoseok offered it reluctantly but Jin wasn't sure why he was so reluctant to do so. Unless he thought Jin might bolt. He wasn't entirely wrong – if given the chance, Jin would bolt.

"I promise!' Jin was quick to accept. At the very least he could get to his phone and text someone to come and help him.

"Let me get this back upstairs and I'll come and get you in a minute." Hoseok walked away after those words left his mouth. Jin waited in silence, his mind playing a maddening game of his chances of survival. He just needed to be rescued and everything would be ok. He hadn't been hurt and he hadn't been caught with his phone. But if he was caught with his phone, then he'd have a problem.

"I just won't get caught," he muttered to himself. His head snapped towards the stairs as he saw Hoseok come back to wave him along.

He mounted the steps after the gangster gingerly, taking his time on shaky legs. They needed to get the blood circulating again after being tied up for an entire night. It felt nice to walk on his own, though. Once they reached the top of the stairs, Jin frowned as he noticed Jungkook waiting on them. His bulky arms were crossed over his chest but he still threw Jin a somewhat friendly smile.

The three of them went down a very plain hallway. It was painted a nice, off-white color that didn't call too much attention. All the doors lining the hallway were tightly shut, allowing Jin not even a peek as to what might be inside. He followed Hoseok and was tailed pretty closely by Jungkook. The youngest gangster didn't seem to mind that he was practically walking on top of Jin but kept pushing his body forward to suit his own pace.

Hoseok opened the door to a very quaint bathroom. It was relatively modern and actually very well kept. There was a bathtub and then a standup shower. Jin figured he'd be using the standup shower. It wasn't terribly big but it wasn't that small, either. A few people could fit in there comfortably, sitting or standing with none of them in the tub or shower. It was painted a cheery yellow – dismally bright in comparison with Jin's own mood. The mirror over the sink was wide and accented with silver. The sink itself was plain enough but was set in an imitation granite counter.

Jungkook left Jin and Hoseok alone. Hoseok handed Jin a new toothbrush and a half used tube of toothpaste. Jin took it thankfully, waiting for Hoseok to leave but was surprised when the man stayed by his side. He gave the masked gangster a quizzical look. Hoseok motioned to the toothbrush and nodded, "RM says I can't leave you alone until you shower."