-4-

Jin didn't sleep that night. He cried until there were no more tears that would fall. He screamed until his voice gave out entirely. He was hurt, cold and hungry and all he wanted was to be back in his warm bed and have his friends come over with some warm food like they used to do. Jin's heart clenched as he realized he might never get to see those friends again. If he had been able to cry anymore, he would have at that thought.

His lips were dry and cracking and his stomach didn't stop making noise until early into the morning. At least Jin assumed it was morning. He had no way to tell time even though he could still feel his cell phone tucked away in his back pocket. If he could only get his hands free he might be able to call someone for help. It was an oddity that the gang members hadn't searched his pockets but Jin wasn't going to complain. He was thankful and for the worst night of his life it gave him a small sliver of hope for tomorrow.

Jin's arms hurt as well. They were twisted unnaturally behind his back and secured to the chair, pushing his fingers against the metal of the back of the seat. He knew he'd be a mess if he ever made it out as he had struggled so much he ended up rubbing his wrists raw. He knew they would blister soon with or without any kind of treatment and they stung. If only he could wash them and bandage them...

He could also feel the cramps starting in his legs from the lack of movement. Jin was normally a very busy man and he moved a lot. It not only kept him in shape but happy and free of leg pain. The shooting and aching sensations had already started, leaking into his skin and bones, completely unwanted and frustrating.

He stayed there, shivering and trying his best to swallow despite having no moisture left in his mouth. His eyes immediately landed on the stairs as he heard the door open. Something like hope pooled hot in his stomach and he prayed that whoever was coming down the stairs had come to save him or would at least help him. Had someone found him? Had the gang members been caught?

Jin's hopes were dashed to dust when he saw a man walking down with a bandana wrapped securely around his nose and mouth. Jin couldn't recognize him from his face or hair but he knew it was either one of the men who had taken him or a lackey of those men. His eyes flitted down to whatever the mysterious man held in his hands. It looked like a bowl and washcloth and Jin's excitement launched once gain as he thought that maybe they were going to let him try and clean up his raw wrists.

The man moved to the table covered with the cloth over all the weapons. Jin's heart sank again as he started guessing what horror this man had in store for him. He was surprised when the man didn't take the cloth off the knives but instead shoved them to the size without even bothering to uncover them and move them neatly. A few of the knives clattered loudly onto the floor but it didn't seem to bother the man.

"I heard them talking, they're only gonna keep you for about a month or two and they'll probably let you go after that." He set about a rather slow task of dunking the washcloth and then wringing it out a few times until he was satisfied.

"A month?" Jin exclaimed. It was barely any kind of exclamation, however, judging by how torn his throat was from his screaming. He tried to get a grip on his voice to speak more clearly. However, a month of being a hostage was far preferable to death.

The other shrugged, looking apologetic, "Or two..."

His hair was jet black and stuck up in a few different directions – it was messy but not entirely bad looking. The man wore a black bandana that covered the majority of his face but left his eyes and forehead open to see. His eyes were glittering as he made his way over to Jin. He had left the washcloth on the side of the bowl he had brought with him and made his way until he was directly behind Jin. Jin tried to jump up or turn around but he knew he couldn't. He hissed as he scraped his raw flesh on the ropes once more.