Chapter 10

"Well," I started off. "I met Mark when I was sixteen years old in the Apocalypse. I knew a bit about horses back then so it didn't really take me long to realize that he was dehydrated and starving. He didn't seem to be all skin and bones so I assumed his previous owners left him there to die not long before I found him. I fed him three whole water bottles and the last pieces of fruits that I had. I didn't mind giving him them since I had more water and other foods. He followed me which irritated me. I tried driving away from him but five minutes into driving, I ran out of gas. So I decided to ride him back into this small city and he just stuck like glue." I said smiling a little as I remembered the car incident.

"What's gas?" Sebastian questioned in confusion. "Oh right umm.. Well in the late 1800s, these vehicles called cars were made and they're designed to run on this fuel called gas. I don't really know what specific year the cars were made in or what the gas is made out of." I answered him causing him to nod his head in understanding. "What about Jack?" Sebastian questioned once again. "Of course, Jack.. Well," I began. "I met Jack eleven years into the apocalypse. He was three years old and he never stopped following me after I gave him some peanut butter when he was straving. I guess I can't resist helping starving animals." I answered with a small smile.

"After a while I got used to him following me around. He was good at sensing if a Lurker was close by and he still is. He's a big dog so he's able to hold down a Lurker if I need him to." I said as I fiddled with my thumbs thinking about my beloved dog. "And Elizabeth?" He asked. "Well, I found Elizabeth by her screaming. Jack, Mark, and I killed off the Lurkers that grabbed onto her dress and she sorta begged me to teach her to be strong. I agreed and as time passed, she grew strong as we both grew close." I answered with a soft smile at the thought of Lizzy's happy personality.

"How old is Jack and Mark?" He asked. "Jack is seven years old and Mark is twelve years old." I answered him as he nodded his head in understanding. We stayed silent for a bit listening to the grunts and groans of the living dead lurking outside. "So... What do you wanna talk about?" I asked as I looked over at Sebastian in a bit of boredom. "I don't know." he said unsure. I sighed and began speaking. "Winter is coming soon. It's already starting to get chilly so we'll have to go and get some winter clothes once this Horde passes." I said playing with the strap on my thigh where my gun is.

"How long do you think it will take?" He asked. "At least two days." I said as I sat back up and dug through my backpack. "I'm assuming you don't eat, correct?" I questioned him as I took out a granola bar. "No. Demons don't need to eat human food." He answered as he watched me tear open my granola bar. I took a bit of it and sighed in relief as I felt it sink into my stomach curing my hunger a bit. I finished the last bite of my bar when I noticed Sebastian crawling towards me. I tensed at his close proximity and leaned back as far as possible only for him to come closer. "You have crumbs on your face." He told me as he rubbed his thumb on the side of my lip.

"O-oh.." I mumbled quietly. He grabbed the wrapper and disposed it in a nearby trash can. He sat back down across from me once again starting to watch my moving form. I laid my head back down onto my backpack and wrapped my hands around my arms and closed my eyes. Its cold in the store so I couldn't really do much but try and warm myself up. I heard clothing rub agaisnt eachother and just assumed Sebastian was getting up to try and find an exit when I felt something get laid ontop of me. I opened my eyes only to find Sebastian crouching in from of me with his tail cost of him and on me.

I sat up and took his coat off of me. "You don't have to let me borrow this. Aren't you cold?" I asked him as he gently smiled. "I don't get cold." "Oh.. But are you sure you want me to borrow it? I'm kinda dirty and this material looks pretty expensive." I asked him unsure. "Its fine (F/n). I can get a new one when we return back to the 1800s." He said confusing me. "We?" I questioned. "Why yes of course. Lady Elizabeth wants you to come with us back to our universe. Unless you want to stay he-" I cut him off happily.

"Id love too!! A new environment that's not full of dead creatures is a great environment for Mark and Jack!" I shouted at a reasonable tone. He raised his eyebrow and spoke. "Do you always do that?" He asked confusing me. "Do what?" I questioned. "Do you always think of others beside yourself?" His question shocked me a little. 'Do I really think of others before me?' "I... Don't know.." I said unsurely causing him to hum in response. "You should get some rest. You have to wake up early tomorrow so we can get back to Lady Elizabeth and the Young Master."  "You don't sleep?" I asked confused.

"I'm a demon. I don't need sleep so don't worry." he said with a smile. I nodded my head and stuck my arms through the arm holes in his tailcoat. I blushed a little realizing how big the coat is on me causing Sebastian to chuckle at me being flustered. "Shut it. Not everyone was born a tall ass freak like you." I said with an irritated blush causing him to laugh. 'He has a nice laugh... Wait what?' I thought with a blush. I buttoned up the tailcoat and turned having my back facing him. I snuggled into the coat now generating the warmth that I desired. I slowly drifted off to a peacful sleep having Sebastian watch over my sleeping form.

To be continued... :P

(I'm super sorry but there will be no update on Monday. I've gotten over my writers block but I still haven't been able to finish the eleventh chapter. The reason why is because I've been studying for my algebra EOC that's coming next week. I'm really sorry and I hope you understand.)