Chapter 2: Look who's back.

4 YEARS LATER

"Oh, my God! You look amazing!" screeched Victoria in excitement as she saw her best friend Katherine, whom she had only met once in person over the past 4 years, walking towards her and Mitch from the airport. Katherine's parents were behind her.

"I can't believe you are finally here!" Victoria hugged her. Mitch hugged her next while saying, "Great to see you, old friend."

"Wow Mitch, you have grown really muscular over the years!" commented Katherine as she retracted from Mitch's hug. It was true, over the 4 years, somehow the skinny and lanky old Mitch had disappeared and replacing him, standing before her was a broad-shouldered muscular dude with sexy hair. He had filled out well.

"Look who's talking, miss skinny minny." Mitch said as he rolled his eyes. "Um, I think I will stick with Katherine?" replied Katherine.

"Huh, Katherine, l guess you were serious about not wanting to be called Kathy anymore. Whatever did the people in your new school do to you," said Victoria as she shook her blonde head disapprovingly.

"Weeeeell, now that I'm a 35 kilograms lighter skinny red-head instead of the old fat brunette, I figured my name should change too. I mean, why not, right? Everything else about me has already changed."

"Whatever, I'm just so glad you came back!" Katherine smiled at her best friend's enthusiasm. Oh, how much she had missed her. They had done loads of video-chats during the time that she was gone and Vic had even come over once to her new town to visit her for Christmas, but then, Katherine was only a few kilos lighter so she hadn't seemed that different.

"Katherine, honey, come on, it's time to go home!" Katherine heard her mom's voice from behind her.

"Sure mom, you remember that Vic and Mitch are gonna come along with us, right?" she replied.

"Of course, sweetheart. Ask them to hurry up alright, our car's already here."

"Wait, so you're really going to be staying in the rich estate from now on?" asked Mitch. He always referred to the streets where all the richer kids lived as the "rich estate." Victoria lived there because her parents were crazy-rich, but she wasn't too proud about it and didn't behave like a spoilt brat like most of the other richer kids. This was something that Katherine liked best about her. And now look, she was going to be staying there too, which means she was only houses away from Victoria's house. Mitch was the only one staying further away now.

"Yeah, why?" Upon seeing the unsure look on Mitch's face, Katherine realized what was wrong and assured him, "Oh Mitch please, don't worry too much that I will become spoilt and arrogant like the rest of the rich kids and start to ignore you, or something. You know, I love you. And, I'm still the same Katherine that left this place 4 years ago."

Mitch sighed deeply. "Yeah yeah I know, it's just.... you and Vic both living there? I don't think I can handle two rich babes by my side all the time, you know? I have so many other girls to attend to," Mitch said in mock seriousness.

"Oh, shut up Mitch," said Victoria. "Hey let's get going, or your parents will get mad. Also, I can't wait to see your new house!"

"Yeah, I can't wait to see my new house either. Again." Katherine thought to herself. She wasn't too thrilled about having to change houses again, she didn't exactly like a change of environment that much. She had been hoping that her old house would be vacant for them to buy when they came back but no such luck, the house was occupied by a happy family of 5.

Oh well, looks like she will just have to adapt again.
******************

"Wow, your room is almost as big as the school cafeteria," commented Mitch as he entered the room. "That," Katherine pointed her index finger at Mitch, "is such an exaggeration."