19

We made it to a radio and everyone was prepping and such.

I made the call.

"Hello-Hello?" I searched for a signal. Only to get a response of what I said. "We're five survivors, we have two females, and three males." I decided to answer along the lines of gender, is I'm pretty sure I haven't seen many girls out here beside Zoey.

"Are you immune?"

"We've been out here for days-"

"Are you immune?" He repeated, chilling my spine.

"I'm about covered in every known organ in a human's body from all of those kill-hungry bastards. If you don't believe me, then you can come down here and see us getting scratched at and puked on." I repeated in the same tone as he did. "Then I'll make sure I'll claw your eyes out." I threaten him.

He made a nervous noise, automatically regretting his decision to say okay directly afterwards and he groaned with a side of disappointment. We also didn't relief as we had a right out of here through the military this time and not a random helper, this time we geared up completely to the Max and try to get as many stuff as we can hold.

"You guys ready?" Coach asked.

"Ready to defend my lady!" Ellis said, as he wrapped his arm around me. I pushed him away and grabbed his hand. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"Ellis, you have to remember we're not protecting one person here... we're all like a family here." Glancing back at everyone. "We're all here for each other, from each other." I smiled, as everyone started coming together. "I love ya' guys, even if Nick almost killed me like four times." I mumbled, seeing Nick staying off to the side. "Nick, get over here you big pansy." I told him off, as he joined for a hug. "Let's be sure we're covering all our behinds."

"What if I'm under a hunter and you're in spitter goo?" Nick added, smirking.

"While we're getting out of it, we'll shoot the charger, you fuck." I nudged him, and we all backed away slightly. "Just be sure to bring all your A games, got it?" I looked at every with a smirk.

"I dont know what you said on us not calling you leader, but you're the alpha dog here." Coach laughed, holding his gun on his shoulder. "Do us a favor and accept the title girl, you'll need it to bring us into battle." Coach winked.

"Yeah!" Rochelle pumped out her fist. "You handle it with straightforward thinking, and strategic planning!"

"What they said." Nick rolled it off like nothing.

"I gotta agree hot stuff, you're the best for us." Ellis grinned, shoving a melee weapon into my hands. "Even if you're shit with a gun." He chuckled, as I punched him in the rip. "Not that hard, doll." He chuckled, as he walked towards the door and opened it up. "Ladies and leader's go first."

"Captain, my Captain..." Nick chuckled, following after me and Rochelle. "What's you're next plan, oh commander of threats?" He asked.

Looking around, I noticed we had to lower down the bridge... but maybe we should use the support beams to climb on top of. "After me guys and girls." I said, already rushing over. "And dickhead." I glanced over at Nick and gave a smug look at him as I climbed up the bridge.