13

Everything was on fire, the area around me, the muscles in my body, and my soul felt weaken. I woken to the sight of a crashed helicopter, I couldn't breathe, taking my arms I tried to get myself up on my feet. I eventually stood up, taking a step and fumbling to the floor. The pain in my foot got me, I stretched myself around to see glass in one of my shoes. I needed help, I looked around seeing the group still alive looking... kinda.

"Guys...?" I started, seeing them stir at the sound of my words. "Are you guys okay?" I asked, seeing them wake up like me.

"Jesus..." Rochelle started, looking around. She looked at Nick. "Why the fuck did you shoot the pilot?!" She yelled, standing up.

"He was infected, he was gonna hurt us." Nick explained laying on the floor, I must've been asleep at the moment of the bullet. I couldn't stop anything and now there's shards of glass in my foot. Nick glanced at me, his eyes widen when they made contact with me. "Holy shit, you got a cut on your eyebrow." He pointed, as I reached to feel blood on my face. "Do you got a concussion?"

"I woke up, so let's hope not so." I then pulled up my foot to his view, making him cringe at the sight of all the glass in my foot. "My foot's kinda sore, can you rub it for me?" I sarcastically said, making him groan and he stood up. "But seriously though, I can't walk." I told him.

Soon Coach made his appearance pushing metal plates off of him. "Has anyone seen Ellis?" He asked, he was right. Where was Ellis? He was sitting right next to me on the ride. "Ellis!" Coach called out for me.

"Ellis? Come here, boy! I got a big ol' pack of glass beers and desert eagle!" Nick stereotyped him, making us all eyeroll. "And your hot cousins are here!"

"Ellis, sweetie, where are you?" Rochelle called. Looking about.

"Ellis?!" I screamed louder then everyone else, having us all turned to a slight bit of movement inside the upside down helicopter, or what's left of it. We saw him drop from the seat as we couldn't see it because everything was on fire on top of it. Ellis landed on his neck, and started crawling out of the debris and coughing up his lungs. "Hey big guy, sleep well?" My sarcasm was unhinged.

"Ugh... what happened?" Ellis asked, rubbing his neck.

"Nick shot the pilot." Coach explained.

"He turned into a zombie!" Nick added.

"I turned into a recycling bin! All the glass is on my foot! Now can you guys help me?!" I asked, getting upset from the pointless bickering. Then I realized how much of a Nick I'm sounding like. I sighed, and breathed slowly. "Sorry, I think I'm just sarcastic when I'm in pain." I apologized for my actions. Ellis walked over and kneeled down and started pulling out a fragment only for me to slap his hand away. "Stop! They're longer then we know, and I need a medkit... please. You're not supposed to remove shards unless we have some medical supplies at the ready." I've known this due to the fact that all knowledge I knew came from high school.

"She's right," Coach looked to everyone. "Ellis, I know you're stronger than all of us. You're gonna have to carry her." Coach looked at Nick, with a glance he just looked back at him. "Nick's too scrawny to carry her, and I might be big but it's all milk and cookies in here."

Ellis looked back at me, and I felt bad for him to make him do that.