5

Ellis made his recovery, not all the way but a hell of a lot better when I accidentally hit him in his nuts. I looked to the dead bodies on the outside of the door to see no more movement. Finally all was done, and we all reloaded the ammo we needed, and I used a rag to clean off the blood on my baseball bat but found out that it was truly dented. I couldn't use it because it'll probably break any second. So I swapped it for an axe we found inside.

"Ready to leave?" I asked everyone, mostly Ellis.

"I'm gonna be as slow as you when you're tired... but it'll wear off in a few minutes." He muttered, grabbing his cap and adjusting it. "Not the first time I got trauma like this, in fact it was probably worst. One time, my buddy Keith and I were hunting for this rabbit who took our-"

"Ellis, we can't talk out there and we're about to leave." I used another excuse to make everyone sigh in relief from my save.

"Alright, but that rabbit was having a worse time being a pet to this little devil child."

"I'll listen to it once we get a ride outta here." I smile, seeing him light up with excitement.

"Let's get a move on! I got me a story to tell!" He kicked out the door, already shotgunning a zombie to the face. There goes our surprise. We all started following behind, his enthusiasm all made us roll our eyes but it was nice that we got to have a lit flame in our group.

We all smiled as we were killing zombies and running across the mall, going up and down stairs. Then I heard something. A loud yelled echoed across the room, and I looked to the direction in the air to see a jumper trying to land on me. I pulled out my axe to swing, but then I was using it to hold him back from getting deeper wounds. Still feeling my muscles drained, I could barely hold this hunter back as it clawed into my stomach.

I scream in horrible pain, feeling its claws dig onto the middle of my skin, just enough for me to start bleeding in big puddles. "HELP!" I shouted, gathering the attention from Nick, he already hit back the hunter to kill it. I laid on the floor grasping into my stomach. Broken, tired, and emotional drained; I felt a warm pair of hands on my face. I look up to see Ellis already trying to find a way to solve the problem. Ellis' screams started fading and the whole world around me starting looking devoid of color.

The light faded and I couldn't hear anything but faded pleads of my team.

My body jolted, like a shock of electricity enter my body. My heart beated, and stopped... was I dead? This feeling was empty on the floor. Another jolt, my heart wanting to move. Another one, my heart was alive! Faintly, and yet not enough to be heard by Coach listening for a heart. I felt my eyes moving behind my eyelids but I couldn't say anything to get his attention.

He shook his head, and they started crying. I was alive! Please!

"We're gonna die if we stay here! Let's get a move on!" Nick yelled, knocking back a boomer only for it to explode on him. Ellis glanced at me, hitting my chest one last time. I felt myself breathe shallowly, not enough for attention. "Ellis! We can't save her! We need your help!" Nick cried as the zombies all followed him and Ellis and eeveryone followed too.

Left alone, barely alive. I grabbed my medkit with a hand like a sloth.

I gotta catch up to them.