1

As I skipped my steps, I held the bat in my hands already taking a huge swing at the infected people. Feeling the blood off of the dead person, I chuckled to myself and wiped my nose with my thumb. I looked to my fellow teammates climbing up the stairs. I was ahead to deal with the zombies in the stairways, no doubt I would've made it there in a pinch.

"Come'on guys... One more flight of stairs." I breathed out heavily seeing a black woman and a red neck pass by me to get to the top. Just that white suit and an older gentleman. "We're gonna make it, let's go!" I gestured to go up.

"Why did they.... put so many god damn flights of stairs... on the way to an evac station?" The older man wheezed, taking a break to huff even more.

"Com'on coach, we're almost there..." The suit encouraged. "The helicopter is just up there... Maybe it's made of chocolate..." He laughed while giving a smug look at him. Coach looked hopeful, but then remembered it was just an encouragement.

"Coach, we're gonna miss it." I then slipped my arm under his and forced him to go faster. Our steps were faster and heavier as it echoed in the staircase as we made it to the top. As we made it to the door we all ran outside to see the helicopter taking off. "Hey! We're still alive!" I cried out, disappointed to see it leave.

"We're still alive here!" Nick chucked a metal bat at the floor of it and it barely missed it.

"Get back here!" Coach barked.

"Well, now." Rochelle started, wiping her brow of the sweat. "Now we know helicopters don't come back when we tell at them."

"I think that whirliebird is going to the mall." A redneck mentioned as he pointed to the direction, we all glanced back at his choice of word to describe it.

"Its not a whirliebird, you god damn idiot!" The suit argued. Then looked at me. "You, you were the fastest out of us." He shoved my shoulder back and I almost tripped. "You could've gotten here and warned them that we were coming."

"Hey! How was I supposed to know that they were gonna leave!" I shoved him back, tensing up my shoulders to look bigger.

"Ey' man, yew' can't talk to a lady like that." The redneck already jumped in to break up the fight

"Guys, we can fight later." Coach stopped us in the middle of it. "Right now, we gotta get to the evac station at the mall." Coach looked passed the city, seeing that it's where all the helicopters were going. He looked around, seeing a gun left by the getaway survoirs then picking it up. "There's supplies here, let's get them and go." He mumbled, waiting for everyone to copy him as showed.

"Is that a desert eagle?" The red neck grabbed one of the two on the table near the door. He held it in one hand, a man with pass use of it. "My buddy Keith and I used to own these, ya' see he and I were camping. We thought we had bigfoot-"

"Not now, hun. You might alert the zombies." I shushed him as nicely as possible.

"Alright, but bigfoot never saw it coming."