17

I took my newly found lover into my arms, every prep to get off the boat. I don't want to let him go, but on the battlefield it was more serious than ever. We were going to be scared if we were going to die or not, and I don't want to go goofing off trying to go lovey-dovey on him. So right now was exhausting every bit of love that I want to give him, and I was sure we were making the rest of the passengers nauseous at the side of us lovey dovey.

Ellis made sure of it himself, he was making little jokes and saying how much he'll love me and make love to me, which didn't settle so good because I was making the most awkward face since I wasn't counting so fast on repopulation. First we needed to get somewhere safe, second we needed a date, and third we needed to do more dates because if I was going to have a kid and I would at least like to have a little fun before I turn into a mom.

"Hey, y'know what's my favorite part of the apocalypse?" Ellis smiled, as my eyebrows arched the questioning way cuz I couldn't understand why would be so fun. "It brought me and most beautiful girl together." He chuckled as I shoved him in an embarrassing way.

Coach, Nick, and Rochelle all joined us on deck. They were basically eye-rolling us but still encouraging as we were taking our journey to the dock. I already told them that we wouldn't be this lovie-dovey on the field, so they didn't have to worry about it. I took my last kiss on him before we departed and stopped hugging. The boat approach to land, and we started spilling out. We all wave goodbye to the boat, before we notice that we forgot our guns on the ship, we all dread it ourselves but still went on as there was guns laying around here next to us.

"You guys ready?" I looked over to them, seeing them all nod.

"Ready to keep my baby safe." Ellis smiled.

"We're keeping everyone safe, not just myself, Ellis." I told him.

"Well if you're getting hit by a boomer, you bet I'm gonna save your ass!" Ellis said, adjusting his gun into a more comfortable hold. "I'll be the one to save you all the time!" Ellis muttered as me and the group looked at each other as I said I wasn't going to be focusing on our relationship on this route.

We just shrugged it off and started getting ready, I gave him one last kiss before we started heading off and up the ramp towards the mutated zombies. I know for sure this wasn't going to be fun. The surviving part, but the killing part might be since we've all made a little game of it on how many we can kill. I smiled, holding onto my axe hand swinging wildly.