10

The carnival was in town, but I had no attachment here as this side of the state was completely unknown to me. But it seems like the two residents in this group sure loved it here, I let them reminisce on their memories as it seems like it was a simpler time for them. Ellis talked about how much he was on rides throwing up with Keith, while Coach was talking about how he took one of his team's here for celebration of the Championships.

Taking a glance around, there was nothing really much for fun here. The only fun that we had was killing the zombies to protect ourselves, but unfortunately there was only four guns to be found, so I let them all have it while I just got to carry around a dumb Katana that we found in a body dump. This was my moment to shine with this bad boy, it sure was fun being in the back of the group to make sure everybody was safe from behind.

"Ya' sure you don't want a gun?" Ellis glanced over to me, trying to make sure I wasn't getting tired too fast. "I don't want you dyin' on us... but then I'll own 100% of the car..." Ellis tapped his chin, making me narrow my eyes at him. He made eye contact with me once again, and his eyes widen up. "I'm joshing!" Ellis laughed nervously, scratching the back of my neck with his face looking guilty.

"Ellis of you can stop putting that car above a human life, that'll be nice." I gave him a judgemental smile. Seeing a zombie walking up to me, so I aimed my melee.

"Well that car is the nicest thin' I've ever seen." Ellis tried joking, but made me more upset. I took a swing at the zombie's leg, knocking it down and I started repeatly hitting the little position on its back as I was trying to get out most of my frustration. I wasn't letting it die because I wasn't aiming for the head or anything. "You okay?" Ellis checked in. I finally killed it but driving it straight through the back of it's head, making the entire group flinch. "Overkill, nice!" He tried to comment.

I adjusted my arm, feeling slight burn of my frustrations subside I took a breath. "She's got an arm." Nick chuckled, which was really off because it was normally him insulting me all the time. "You better be careful you don't piss off the witch." He hinted to Ellis.

"Thanks," I mumbled about the compliment, tapping my weapon in the pavement to get off the chunks and blood. I looked around, seeing that we were by a carnival ride that was blocking our way past. "Looks like we're gonna have to start it." I mumbled, walking over the switch. I looked back to see them getting prepared while Ellis glanced back at me with a confused look. I shrugged it off. "Wait," I started, everyone looked at me. "Instead of turning this off once we get through, we should leave it on and let the zombies come after it because there's a safe room right around the corner." I offered, everyone seem to be agreeing. "So once we get through this mess, all the zombies would be attracted to this old thing and we would have the clean getaway." I winked, as they admired my plan.

"She has a point," Nick pointed out. "There's three reasons we keep you here, the fact that you attract every single special infected on to you, you have good luck, and you have good ideas." He said to make me smile and blush. "But great damn, do you fucking suck with a gun." Nick added, making me feel like there is going to be no possible way for me to get a proper complement of this goddamn mess.

So I started it.