7

We drove on the road, feeling my life barely hang on to the balance of my body. Everyone was concerned about me, even Nick was impressed on how long I was actually saying a lie for. It seems like I should have died as soon as I startled the witch, but having proven myself to him by killing a tank with pure gravity... he was pretty damn impressed about it.

We soon near a bridge, that was held all the way up. We all spilled out of the car, and I falling to the floor because my legs were aching from being torn and having to continue on with no energy besides my adrenalin that was far overused. Luckily, Rochelle was beside me as she pick me up and set me on the car hood.

"What happened to her?" A guy with a deep tone to his voice and gravel as well. We all looked up to see him and a female on top of the bridge.

"I died, went through hell, and came back with this lousy scar." I pulled up my shirt to reveal my stomach as it was bandaged and bleeding through.

"Nice," he nodded his head with a smirk.

"Could you lower down the bridge?" Rochelle looked up directly to them.

"We really can't, one of our men died trying to pull up this bridge. It's out of fuel, so we can't do anything even if we wanted."

"If we fuel it up, would you be willing to let us pass?" Coach asked.

"Nope!" The man disagreed, laughing a bit.

"Listen here, you slimy, disgusting, leather wearing monkey. Lower the goddamn bridge, before I goddamn shoot you!" Nick yelled.

"We will!" The girl replied. "But it's on the other side of the bridge, if you can get to that side we'll let you through!" She then leaned in closer over the railing looking at at our car. "Nice car you got there."

Ellis said nothing, he just looked up to the woman and seem to have lost his words.

"Ellis, she's talking to you." Rochelle elbowed him.

"My god, she is so pretty..." He spoke softly, a my stomach arised. It didn't feel so kindly, but I knew it wasn't the blood lost or the cuts making me want to hurl. "She's absolutely beautiful." Ellis, grabbed onto his hat and lowered it as he admired her. I rolled my eyes and looked at Rochelle as I didn't think I could do much of anything.

"Do you think you can watch over our girl here?" Rochelle asked. "She's been through a lot trying to get back to us, and she used up every bit of her energy. We can't take her anywhere, she's too fatigue to even walk!"

"Yeah sure, for some money." The man chuckled up there.

"Money's useless now, so you're offering it for free." I told him.

"I hate this girl, she's still not worth the trouble." Francis told his female friend.

"I dropped a skyscraper's height of floor, but I can tell you crawled out of hell."  I told him off.

"Maybe." He huffed, stifling a laugh.

We took it as a yes and Ellis walked over to me. "Now keep yourself safe." He told me. "I want this car just as I see it now, okay?"

I rolled my eyes, taking a gun from my waist band. "I'll keep myself safe, thanks."