9

"Nu-uh, I don't wanna leave my beautiful car." Ellis growled out to the team. He looked at me, looking sad and angry. "Yew' sure you're not hurtin' anymore? You can guard the car again!" He offered, making me roll my eyes. I got my sleep in the car, an we raided a few corner stores on the way here for food. I was better than I was yesterday for sure, but I'm not guarding the car only to be abandon as we couldn't take it any further.

"It'll be fine, Ellis." Rochelle calmed him. "The car will still be here after the apocalypse." She patted his shoulder as I patted his back to add onto it.

"I'm just gonna miss her so much..." Ellis wiped his brow, as here was honestly humid.

"You can write your name on the car... say not to touch it?" I offered, remembering a pen for autographs inside the car. I reached in and gave it go him. "It'll stop the next person from trying to take it before we come back." I smiled, trying my best to give him a little hope. He debated, but eventually he did write in big words, mind you, 'ELLIS' DO NOT TOUCH!!!'. He handed me the pen back, as I started to put it back; he stopped me and grabbed my hand to set it on a space next to his words. "What?"

"You drive her like a beauty, ya' own like 1% of the car." Ellis smiled, being generous with me. I wrote next to his name. 'OR WE'LL HUNT YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU' and chucked the pen back in the car. "Y'know, it's a little too big." Ellis put his hand on his chin, then looked me in the eye with a smug look. "But I love what ya' added, so I'll let it slide."

We continued on, Ellis glancing back every now and then at the car. I knew he was already emotionally attached to the original driver of the car, but now that he drived through thick and thin with it it was basically his car. I could understand how much he loved it, without having connection anything similar to loving an inanimate object.

I held my gun with one hand, as it was only a pistol and I've been learning how to use it with one hand. But my other hand are holding obtained my melee weapon of choice, and whenever a zombie starts getting too close to me I bust that out and just start hitting. My muscles were twice as strong than before, as they tear down and I continue moving on without even letting them rest.

We made it to an motel, not being familiar with anything around, I could see Ellis and Coach getting antsy about how close we are to the amusement park. It wasn't really that surprising that they knew their area, but to know how close it is no matter what is what got me.

Well, we faced ahead, moving on.