Chapter Twenty Three

Megans pov

(Megan is the girl from restaurant from Owen and hunters date)

Its been about 3 month since i met owen and he has invited me to hang out with his group a lot recently. I feel like i fit in here now. today me and owen are watching call me by your name for the 90th time. Everyone else dropped out since its literally the 90th time.

We hear a car horn outside.

We both jump to the window to see a house mover van. "Wanna go look" i smile and nod at owen. We run outside to see a sleepy hunter comig towards us. "New people?" We both shrug our shoulders. Suddenly a guy comes towards us.

"HEY I'm mark, I'm new to the town! Can we be friends" we all look in confusion. "Ok i know i asked to be you guys friend out of the blue but i didnt look this stupid right?" Owen giggles and shakes his head.

"Hey mark! Im Owen, this is megan my friend and hunter my boyfriend" i see a small smirk slip across marks face and he looks Owen up and down. He slowly licks his lips causing me to cringe. "Nice to meet you Owen"

Hunter swiftly drags away Owen and starts talking to him. "So megan tell me about them two" i stare at him. "Well they were best friends first then dated. They've been together for around 3 months now and they are the strongest relationship ever." he nods and smiles.

I don't like him.

"Can i tell you a secret" ok what the fuck is going on? I slowly nod. "Im gonna split them two up and have Owen for myself". I step back and pull a face, what kind of disney channel show is this?.

"Dude, you just met the two. We've known you for less than a minute. Why are you trying to ruin their relationship?" He shrugs. "Thats what i do." I roll my eyes.

Before i can reply Owen and hunter are back.
"Hey Owen fancy hanging out?" He nods.

I mentally facepalm. I know Owens all about being nice and is smart as fuck, but hes so stupid sometimes like really? Hes a stranger!

"Megan wanna come?" I smile and shake my head. "Its fine, i- umm better be getting back home." He nods and walks away.

The small delusional boy follows me back to his house. "Are you sure this is a good idea? I mean you just met him! And he said hes gonna try split up you and Hunters relationship!" He giggles and walks away.

"Im sure he was joking! I love meeting new people!"

I grab my stuff and hug the small boy. "Stay safe." He nods and we walk out. I watch him walk into marks house then sprint over to Hunters.

The tired, confused boy opens the door. "What? Im trying to sleep!" I giggle. "Alright mr grumpy pants, its about your prize possession of a boyfriend, LET ME IN!" He pulls a confused face and lets me in.

"Ok whats up?" I sigh as he starts trying to fix his hair.

"The mark guy said hes gonna try split you and Owen up, i tried to tell owen and make him stay but he thought mark was joking so he still went. Your boyfriends cute but dumb, so very dumb."

His eyes widen and he falls back on his bed. "Moments like this i wish Owen was antisocial. I mean yeah we meet nice people like you, but owens too innocent to see people can be bad."

I look at my phone when i get a notification and see it's from Owen. I open it to see a photo of mark saying 'stole his phone haha' and show it to Hunter.

"That fucker-" he goes to storm out but i grab him.

"Going over there will just hurt owen." He stares at me but eventually nods slowly and puts his hands in his hair.

"Tell Connor to come over, i'll tell Nathan. As a group we can figure out how to tell Owen he's dumb." He sighs and nods.

He grabs his phone and frowns as he dials a number. "CONNOR HURRY THE FUCK UP YOU LAZY ASS ITS 2PMYOU SHOULD BE FUCKING AWAKE! BRING ALLY AND NATHAN TOO!" i smirk, guess i don't need to message Connor.

After around 10 minutes we hear a knock and the annoyed hunter goes to let them in. "Woah what crawled up your ass?" I smirk at Nathan.

"Basically there is a new kid on the street, looks around the same age as us, and he said hes gonna take Owen away from Hunter." Ally gives us a confused look.

"WE LITERALLY MET HIM 10 SECONDS BEFORE HE SAID IT." They all sit down and stare at the annoyed Hunter.

"We are such a dramatic group i swear" we all glare at connor. "Babe shut the fuck up." He raises his hands in defence. "Ok so whats the plan? I mean Owen is innocent, too innocent."

"Ok heres the deal, we all love owen. So we all have to protect him. Hes a sensative boy as we all know. If we try and pull him away from mark and tell him hes a bad person, his innocent mind will feel bad for poor lonely mark. So we just observe. Boys, you cant act out unless you see something happen. We all know you three like throwing a punch."

We all agree with Ally.

"We just basically monitor mark. If he makes a move on Owen or tried to pull him away from Hunter one of us will step in. NO VIOLENCE, got it?" We all nod, this will turn out fine... right?

                        ~~~

Owens pov

Me and mark are currently watching star wars. I found out a lot about him. He moved here because he had a bad breakup with his ex boyfriend and couldn't face him so his family moved, he loves to play cricket and hes an only child.

"Thank you for being my friend owen, i know it was sudden i just dont know anyone in this town" i smile. "It's totally fine mark"

He is such a nice person.

I don't understand how hunter said he already hated the guy in the first few moments of knowing him.

I look at the time and frown. "Im sorry mark, im late for dinner! Ill see you again. You have my number, just text me if you need me!" He nods and smiles. Before i leave he hugs me tightly.

"I think we are going to be great friends!" I nod and wave goodbye. As soon as i get home i see Nathan stood at the door looking worried.

"What?" He frowns. "did mark do anything to you?" I shake my head. "I dont like you hanging around him" i glare at him.

"Nathan i can take care of myself, and mark is a good guy!" He shakes his head and sighs.

Why does nobody like mark! Hes a good guy... right?

********
A//N
Hey guy!
Thanks for reading! Ik its bad but oh well!! Hope you enjoyed. Leave any ideas and i might do it or questions and i will answer!

Word count: 1229

Vote and comment! Cya next time bai!~

PerfectlyOdd_
<3