News?!

The blade of his scalpel connected with Jay's skin in an eerie silence which was almost immediately broken by the shrill scream that flew out of his mouth. His back arched off the ground in agony, tears steaming down his face as he continued to struggle against his sons tight grasp.

"I know ... I know buddy." Said Will apologetically as he finished the long slice into his brother's chest. "Almost done I swear." His long finger slid into the hole, another blood curdling scream exited his parched lips. He looked down at the mess underneath him. The finger inside his chest, well and the bullet too.

"Look at me...." Everly said taking his face and placing it back onto the floor to face her. "It's okay... just look at me." She told him. His breathing calmed slightly at the sound of her voice, his eyes relaxed and began to close. "No... no Dad stay with me okay, just pretend it's just you and I here okay I need you to stay awake please." She cried, tapping his face in an attempt to keep him awake.

"Ev, let him pass out... he'll be in way less pain later if you just let him pass out!" Will demanded softly, watching Jay's eyes close and then continuing. He jabbed the tube into Jay's chest with one quick movement. A small hiss of air exited the tube and with a burst of energy Jay took one huge intake of the oxygen his body so desperately needed.

Bang. A single shot. The family looked around to see who the gunman had shot now, who else would Will need to fix. Tiny Sophia screamed in pain with a bullet through her shoulder. Will immediately went to kill the gunmen, that was until he saw the gun on the floor and the the man also on the floor with a bullet in his skull. The sound of doors crashing open filled the air.

"Chicago pd"

"Chicago pd" joined by familiar voices of course. Hank burst into the room with Erin closely following behind her. He almost completely disregarded Jay's unconscious form and headed straight for Sophia. She had dried tear stains plastered across her face and fresh ones forming as well. The small hole in her shoulder caused her a great deal of pain but Hank knew Erin would be more worried about Jay in that moment so he decided to take the little one along with him. "Come here sweetie." He said in his low gruff voice. He picked the sobbing little one off the ground and toward one of the waiting ambos outside the bank doors. He was thankful that Will had called him, who knows how many more injuries they would have if he hadn't.

"Is daddy going to die?" The little one asked in a fearful voice as she saw her father being loaded into the back on an ambulance. The paramedics were pressing gauze onto the wound, Will was starting a femoral line, which he knew Jay would hate once he woke up, and Erin, stood there in full blown tears holding his clammy hand in her own.

"No... if there's one thing I know about your dad, it's that he's strong. He's been hurt worse and pulled through so I have no doubt in my mind that he will be just fine." He reassured her, adjusting her position in his arms. Sophia placed her small head into the crook of his neck as the pair walked into the back of the second ambo. Everly went to the hospital with her parents and Will, while the twins decided to ride with Sophia.

"Hey, there's our favourite baby sister!" Noah exclaimed in an attempt to cheer the little one up. She looked up at him with some fear in her eyes, but also relief at the fact that the ordeal was over. "Don't worry, dad's going to be fine I promise. Plus you know dad's way to stubborn to die." He said pulling her into a hug, careful to avoid her injured shoulder. "And you get aunt Gabby and aunt Brett to fix you up... maybe we'll even see aunt Nat later! Does that sound good?" He asked. Still in shock Sophia responded only with a nod. Good enough for Noah.

"How you doing baby girl?" Gabby asked, hopping into the back seat of ambo 61. "Let's take a look at that arm huh?" She said taking the little hand into her own and carefully manipulating it. After a moment and couple winces from the little one Gabby placed her arm back down. "Looks like a through and through, she'll need some stitches but you my dear should be just fine!" Gabby said with a smile.

The ride to the hospital was short, they arrived within minutes. At the doors she recognized most of the familiar faces around her.

"Aunt Nat!" She exclaimed in a childlike voice, the excitement of seeing her making the little one, even only for a second forget what had happened.

"Hello sweetheart!" She said in response. "I heard you hurt you arm? How bout I fix it all up?" She asked though really she was just rolling her what she would be doing. Sophia nodded in response and was lifted out of the ambo by her oldest brother. Noah followed his aunt into the nearest exam room. "Okay my dear, I'm going to give you a teeny tiny shot to numb everything up then I'm going to stitch you up, get you a really big bandage and a splint so your shoulder doesn't move and then you'll be all fixed up!" She exclaimed.

Once Sophia's shoulder was all fixed up she held Natalie's hand all the way back to the waiting room, where her mother and older sister were waiting.

"Where's Will?" Nat asked curiously as Sophia climbed on top of her sister, cherishing her warm and comforting embrace.

"He went to get an update on Jay, he's in surgery." Erin answered. She left the flutter of her unborn children in her belly, placing her hand onto them and sighing. "I know I'm scared too." She said to the fetus', rubbing her hand over them, causing them to kick it.

"Okay... um... she's all done." Nat said pointing at Sophia. Suddenly the doors leading to the OR burst open revealing a sweaty out of breath Will.

"Guys..." he paused for a minute catching his breath as tears welled up in his eyes. "Jay's..."