A serious question

Kim walked slowly out of Everly's room clutching a notepad in her slender hands. Approaching the team, her heals clicked against the tile floor of the ICU. At the sight of Kim everyone stood up.

"Guys I'm sorry... she asked me not to disclose any details. I keep my word." She said sadly. Jay sat back down in the warm plastic hospital chair, placing his head in his hands. He sighed loudly as the tears that had been poking at his eyes all day finally managed to fall. Will pulled his brother into a hug and the team stared at the brothers as Jay cried. "Erin's with her now she said to go home and she'll see you tomorrow." Kim finally said after Jay calmed down.

Young Sophia stared at her father in silence, wondering what was going on but not daring to ask. She knew her big sister was hurt. She also looked at her father curiously, still gripping Olivers hand.

The twins were brought home along with their seven year old sister. She still hadn't spoken a single word since entering the confines of Chicago med. Her brothers hands were sweating with angst as they walked up the driveway towards the large home. How were they supposed to explain this to the youngster?

They knew she would eventually ask questions. Like her parents she was a very curious little girl, also wanting to know everything that was going on around her. Jay made the kids some dinner. They ate in silence until the youngest member broke the quiet and asked the question they had been waiting for, though they wished she hadn't asked.

"Daddy? Why is Ev in the hospital? Did she get hurt?" The little girl asked. Jays face softened at the sound of her sweet high pitched voice which also had a small rasp likely from Erin. She looked up at him with her big blue eyes as if pleading for an answer.

"Yes a very mean man did something bad to her, but she's already getting better and grandpa Hank is going to find the man and put him in jail." He responded softly.

"I hope grandpa Hank beats him up!" She expressed with a mouthful of pasta.

"Yeah me too!" Jay answered offering a classic Halstead smile to comfort his little girl. The twins grinned upon hearing this and the rest of the time was spent in silence.

The eerie quiet was broken by the ringing of Jay's cell phone. He picked it up and placed it to his ear mumbling agreeing words and ending the call with "I'll be right there"

"Sorry guys I have to go back to the hospital. Boys stay with her and I'll be back as soon as I can." Jay finished scarfing down his food and gave a solid nod to his boys and then a kiss on his beautiful daughters blonde hair. He left in a rush, speeding towards the hospital.

When he arrived her sprinted up towards Everly's room, pausing as he finally got to the door. He allowed for his heart beat to calm down until he felt composed enough to enter the room. Light knuckles tapped the door and waited patiently for the latch to open. He heard the familiar click of the door opening and was met with the beautiful face of the woman he loved. She smiled up at him and placed a gentle kiss on his chapped lips. Together it felt like heaven and for just that moment he was able to forget it all. The shootings, kidnappings, rapes, his mind was filled with only one thought. Erin.

A familiar clearing of a throat was heard as the couple smiled against each other's lips. Jay's head lifted from his wife's exquisite features to those of his daughter. She had a large bruise witch covered the left side of her face. Though in a bed she looked uncomfortable.

"I missed you to much to wait till the morning, I wanted to see you now!" Everly finally said, after staring at each other for a couple seconds to long. Jay approached slowly though still not daring to touch her. He flashed the same smile as he reached the head of her bed.

"I missed you too angel!" He answered as his daughter sat up and pulled him into a hug. "I love you baby girl."

"Love you too dad. Serious question though?"

"Okay shoot?"

"Did they catch him?"

What a cliff hanger. Idk did they??? Also what do you want the babies to be two boys, two girls, or one of each? Leave a review or any suggestions I love hearing what you lovelies opinions are! Thanks for reading and have a fabulous day😘😘😘😘your girl~ Natalie.