Here we go

Everly dropped to her knees and threw her hands onto her father's chest. Jay gasped in pain, while Everly worked on controlling the bleeding and the shooter starred blankly in shock, whatching the scene unfold. Blood poured from the wound, pooling on the floor underneath Jay's gasping body. Sophia still had her small hand in his. Jay held onto it as though her tiny hand would keep him alive, he squeezed in pain. His blue eyes closed as the shock set in. He felt as though an elephant had parked on his chest, the ability to breathe getting more and more difficult.

"Oh my god!" The shooter said in a whispering voice. "Oh my god!" He said louder. "I... I didn't mean to, nobody was supposed to come in... I... don't want him to die." He stated looking down at a now frantic scene unfolding in front of him.

"Okay.... if you want him to live let me call some help, I only know basic first aid and that won't do for very long so please call 911!!" Everly yelled frantically as. Noah grabbed his father's hand, allowing him to squeeze.

"What?... no... if I call 911 the damn cops will come, you said you have training you can fix him!" The shooter demanded, still with fear in his eyes.

"Basic... I have basic training, I don't know how TO HELP HIM!" She yelled, her voice raising with frustration as she did so. The man holding a large gun shook his head no and stared at the now almost lifeless form in front of him. "I have an uncle..." the man seemed interested. "He's a surgeon, maybe I could call him? He'll be able to help until you decide to get the hell out of here!" Finally, after thinking for a moment the gunman nodded yes and threw the seized phones at Everly demanding there be no funny business, if there was Jay would be getting a bullet to the brain.

Two dials... "hello?" Will asked into the phone. "Jay? Dude did you butt call me again?" He said sarcastically.

"Will?" Everly said nervously, under the watchful eye of the gunman.

"Everly? What's wrong princess? You sound scared... is everything okay?" Will asked, freaking out at her tone as he did so.

"No... its not okay... um.... we went to this bank, so dad could get some cash. But then.... but.... then..." her words were cut with sobs, breaking Will's heart.

"Sweetie? What's wrong are you in trouble?" He said, his voice muffled under the speaker of the phone.

"Dad got shot!" She yelled out.

"What do you mean dad got shot?" He asked repeating it in his mind, who's dad?

"This guy is still trying to rob this bank... and we'll... Dad got in the way, now there's a bullet in his chest." Oliver cut in, explaining what had happened. Will could hear the heavy breathing of his baby brother over the phone, the pain in the struggling breaths appearing more with each one. "Will, he said you can come help us save him, he just won't let anyone out, so please hurry."

"I'm on my way." He stayed hanging up the phone. Of course the next thing he did was call Hank to inform him of what was going on. Then Erin, who sounded just as frantic as he was on his way to hopefully save his brother's life.

The drive was short, mostly due to how fast Will was driving. He threw his medical bag over his shoulder and sprinted towards the building. pounding on the door with a made fists Will was ready to slug whoever shot his brother, but instead of a shooter he was met with Sophia's tear stained face, she opened up the door and simply walked towards her father. The sight wasn't pretty. His little brother was on the ground, blood pooling underneath his body, struggling to breathe, with 15 year old Everly on top of the wound trying to stop the bleeding.

"Damn it." He stated, crouching down to Everly's position. He placed his long shaky fingers along his brother's neck and sighed with relief at the strong pulse he was met with. "Okay..." he paused for a second in an attempt to collect himself. Huge blue eyes looked up at him. Will hoped that they would tell him that his brother was fine. But as he looked into Jay's eyes all he saw was pain and fear. "... you're okay buddy, I'm going to fix it alright." Will stated. "Okay Ev on three you and I are going to switch positions so I can access okay?" He asked receiving a small nod in response Will started counting. "1...2...3." He moved quickly to re-cover the gaping wound in his brother's chest, his large hands flying over top of it. Jay whimpered in discomfort as Will continued pressing against his chest.

"Shh... it's okay dad, just squeeze." Everly said placing his hand in her own. She felt her father hold on and squeeze her small hand, weakly she squeezed back, letting him know that she was there for him. He looked up at her with the pain and fear still plastered on his face. Though he really hated being weak in front of his kids, he really had no choice at this point all he wanted was some comfort, he was glad to get some from his oldest little girl.

"Noah, I need you to grab the oxygen mask!" Will said pointing to his med bag with his head. He did as told, placing it over Jay's face and watching as his father continued to struggle for air. "Now you're going to grab those scissors and I need you to cut off his shirt!" Will yelled, at this point not really caring about the frantic man with a gun who was standing just about a foot away. The snipping sound of the scissors was heard, once finished cutting Noah peeled back the hem of his father's shirt revealing the mess underneath it. "Damn it Jay... why do you always manage to hurt yourself?" Will sighed pressing again.

"Um.... I don... know..." Jay managed to get out between gasps for air. Will looked at his baby brother's face which was contorted in pain. "Will?... hurts... can't ... breathe" he choked, spitting up droplets of blood. Jay rarely complained about pain and usually just brushed it off so Will knew if Jay was complaining it must have been really bad.

"I know bud... your lung collapsed from the bullet," Will began as he removed the stethoscope from his ears. "I need to put in a chest tube... you with me on that?" Will asked. Unable to speak, Jay simply nodded in response. "Okay Ollie, sit on his hips..." will demanded while using his free hand to gather the supplies he needs. "Noah I need you to hold his hands above his head, make sure he can't move."

Noah and Oliver nodded in response, doing they were told. Jay squirmed from underneath the strong hold of his sons.

"Will... are they holding him down?" Everly asked, now seeing how restrained her dad really was. Will nodded nervously, patting the side of Jay's face to keep him awake. "Oh..." she said at the realization of what was about to happen. "Dad?" She asked, only to be met with his terrified blue eyes staring back at her. "It's okay to be scared... I'm scared, but you're going to be fine, and I'm right here so when it starts to hurt just squeeze my hand... I'm right here." She finished receiving a nod from Will but nothing from her dad, who was very close to passing out.

"Okay buddy... here we go!"