He, she, or both?

"Are you guys excited?" Asked Erin with an overwhelming amount of joy plaguing her voice. "I know I am!"

"Duh mom, we just need to know what they are already." Sophia answered in a still high pitched childlike voice. "Plus we get to see aunt Nat and uncle Will today!"

"That's right we do!" Jay said holding his youngest daughter tightly in his arms as the entire family entered the back doors of Chicago med heading towards the OB floor of the hospital. Today was a big day! Today they would find out what they were going to be having. Two boys? Two girls? Or one of each? The excitement built itself up as they finally made it to the floor.

Erin was clinging to Jay's side as he opened the doors for her and the rest of his family. He had his heavy arm wrapped gently around her as they entered. She hummed a light and cheerful tune as they made it towards the room being led in by Natalie.

"Where is Will?" Jay asked curiously after failing to spot his brother.

"He's just finishing up with a patient, he'll be up in a minute!" Nat responded as Erin laid onto the exam table and had cold jelly squirted onto her belly. "There he is!" Nat exclaimed as Will entered the room looking exhausted. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"Okay I'm here!" Will announced as he ran into the room with little breath still in his lungs. "Let's find out what these babies are!" He exclaimed sitting down in a plastic chair close to Erin's bed. Sophia opted to sit on his lap, she climbed on top of her uncle with pure joy ready to be a big sister.

"Alrighty here we have baby A... and she looks perfectly healthy!" Nat said smiling at the screen.

"She?" Asked Jay.

"Yup looks like you two are having another daughter!" Nat said. She proceeded to move the Doppler lower across Erin's belly pushing it slightly and causing Erin to wince. "Sorry this ones stubborn I can't get it into position." She explained. After a couple more seconds on moving the Doppler and pushing it farther into her stomach the other newest member was much more clearly visible. "Okay there he is!"

"He?" Asked Erin this time tearing up a little. She however blamed it on the hormones. "It's a boy?" She questioned this time allowing the tears entrance to stain her cheeks.

"Yeah looks like one of each!" Nat said smiling at her sister in law and then at the screen. This was joy. She could see it clearly on their faces pure happiness. It was contagious like many things in the hospital, spreading across the room and causing everyone to burst into fits of congratulations and laughter. Halstead smiles filled the room and love echoed in the air. A girl and a boy. They needed names and rooms and well everything but nonetheless the whole family was happy.

So of course the reaction was about the same when they told everyone else what they would be having. They jumped for joy though Kim didn't really jump due to the eight month pregnant belly poking out from her body. They would be having a baby boy. And finally because they already had three girls and Adam was going nearly insane living with four ladies in the house. He even started putting the toilet seat down. Unacceptable.

After visiting with the team and family Erin and Jay headed upstairs. Jay placed a light kiss on her lips.

"I love you."  He said cherishing the feeling of her soft lips against his rough ones.

"I love you more." She responded repeating the kiss with even more love and affection... if that was even possible.

Yes I know I suck... sorry but I hope y'all like this story so far cause I love writing it?!?!?!?