5 of morphine

Erin's motherly instincts were suddenly kicking in as her brother in law prepped her 14 year old son for a chest tube. Dark brown fluid was sprayed onto his pale chest as his father pinned his legs down. Noah was completely terrified and unable to move. He stared in fear of the tube that was about to be shoved into his chest, his blue eyes as big as saucers. Erin pushed her body between him and the impeding procedure, Noah was now unable to see what was happening, relying only on feeling to understand what was going on.

"I'm sorry I'm such a dick sometimes." Noah said looking up at the tear stained face of his older sister. "I know I drive you crazy, and... I might be dying so..." he took a couple seconds to catch his breath, taking a painful gasp every couple seconds, "I just thought you needed to know I'm sorry for being a pain in the ass... I'm sorry." He gasped again while Everly continued crying grabbing the opposite hand from the one her mother had.

"Yeah you are a pain... you're right on that note... but you are wrong, you aren't dying. I swear to god if you do I will never forgive you!" Everly yelled as her uncle began cutting into Noah's chest and he grunted in agony. He took a second to calm down before speaking in his usual sarcastic voice.

"For dying?" He asked, making an effort to smile but ultimately failing.

"No! for making me love you!" She screamed in response. Tears that were held in finally fell, as Everly cried into Olivers shoulder waiting for the painful procedure to be finished. Her hand was held like a vice, which somehow comforted her brother. The tube was pushed into Noah's heaving chest and his lungs screamed with excitement, sucking in a full breath on air.

"That's it buddy. Hard part's over... just breathe Noah, breathe." Will demanded, placing a comforting hand on Noah's arm and providing gentle strokes as the young Halstead simply breathed. The group waited a couple more minutes before they saw Hank appear and greet them with a sad smile.

"How's he doing?" Hank asked. Noah had since lost consciousness, had a rapid pulse and desperately needed to get to med. A couple seconded later Gabby and Brett approached them and Noah was loaded onto a stretcher and driven with lights and sirens to Chicago med.

It had been several hours since the shooting. The offender was bought in and was now being questioned by a different unit, due to the tense circumstances of the team. Dr. Rhodes, Noah's surgeon found the team in the waiting room and everyone stood as he came to deliver the news.

"I have good news and bad news." He said politely and genuinely wanting to help everyone through such a dark time. "Okay so the good news is we managed to get the bullets out and I have no doubt that Noah will make a full recovery." Rhodes smiled as a collective breath of relief was heard.

"And the bad news?" Jay asked his smile now gone.

"Because he's so young we have already started weaning him off the pain meds, meaning the next couple days are going to be hell." The Doctor finished. "Follow me, you guys can see him." The team followed Dr. Rhodes towards the ICU where they saw the young injured Halstead laying helplessly in the hospital bed. Everly was first to his bed side though she was quickly followed by her mother.

"Hey Noah." Everly managed to choke out grabbing his larger hand into her own. "I love you." She cried placing a gentle kiss on the back of his hand. "Even when you are a pain in the ass I still love you okay? Okay? I need you to be alright, I need you to wake up. Please Noah... please..." she sobbed plopping down into the uncomfortable chair beside his bed. Oliver wrapped her in his embrace as she took a minute to cry into his chest. The rest of the hearts in the room broke. Jay performed the same motion on Erin, giving her the comfort of his scent.

"Stop crying I'm fine!" A familiar voice coughed.

"Noah!  you're awake?" Everly screamed with pure joy. "Oh my god, don't you ever scare me like that again, I swear to god I will kill you." She joked and sad smiles filled the room.

"Ow..." Noah sighed reaching for his chest. "Why does it feel like I got hit by a truck?" He joked once more, already knowing the answer. Once again the sound of pained gasps filled the room as Conner approached the bed and listened to Noah's chest with his blue stethoscope.

"You know what, April push 5 of morphine. Just for tonight." Dr. Rhodes demanded as April pushed a clear substance into the IV line attached to Noah's arm. Noah's blue eyes dropped closed. "That's it bud, let the meds do their thing." Was the last thing Noah heard before drifting into peaceful oblivion.

Did anyone get my greys references? If you did we are now best friends. Hope y'all are liking this so far, if you are let me know!!! That would be all, have a fabulous day😘😘😘