Part 50 ~ No Tears Left To Cry

Start from the beginning

"Hi baby . . . I think we need to talk"

"Talk about what, mom? . . are you ok?"

"I wish I could say that I'm ok . . but I'm not . . honey, why am I just now hearing about your girlfriend being pregnant?"

. . . . .

"Gosh . . . mom . . . I-"

"Michael . . are you trying to break my heart?"

"Mom . . it's not like that . . I just . . you know, a lot of things are going on right now and I just haven't had the time to take a breather and all and I-"

"Michael, I don't know whether to be sad or excited . . what about you? Are you ok?"

"I don't know, Mom . . to be completely honest, I don't know if I'm ok or not . . but . . just out of curiosity, how did you find out about the pregnancy?"

"Destiny parked your car in our driveway. I saw her through the window so I rushed outside and asked her what she was doing and then we got to talk"

"She parked my car in your driveway? . . why?"

"I don't know . . but according to her you guys had a big fight about the pregnancy . . aren't you happy? she's afraid that you might not be excited"

"No, mom! . . we didn't have a fight about the pregnancy! . . it's not about the pregnancy at all! . . didn't she tell you the whole thing?!"

"She was upset and crying about you not being excited . . and, well . . she cried while talking, I didn't understand every word"

"Mom . . it's not the pregnancy I'm worried about! . . it's somethin' else . . mom, please don't take this the wrong way but I gotta hang up . . I can't talk right now"

. . . . .

"Yes, you can . . you're not ok . . Michael, talk to me!"

"I really don't wanna talk, mom . . I'm sorry"

"Casey just walked in . . you wanna talk to him?"

. . . . .

"Umm, yea . . could you send him over?"

"Send Casey over? . . alright . . ok, I will"

"Thanks mom . . I love you . . and I'll talk to you soon"

"Bye honey . . I love you more!"

I hang up, letting out a huge sigh of frustration. She's gotta be kidding me. She really went to my mom's and cried to her about the pregnancy? . . of course she mentioned no word about the marriage thing and how she forced it on me. I can't even wrap my mind around all this. Now mom knows about ther pregnancy . . great . . just freakin' great. I didn't want anyone to know . . not until I've come to peace with it all. There's so much going on right now, I haven't even had time to let it all sink in.

I'm glad that Casey is coming over. I would go crazy if I spent all evening and all night by myself. About 15 minutes later the door opens and Casey walks in. "Bro . . mom said you're in crisis . . you ok?"

"Does it look I'm ok?" I ask, laying on the couch like a lazy lump. "Mike . . where's the money???" Casey asks, looking around the livingroom in panic. "Relax, it's in the drawer, underneath the TV. Casey takes a seat next to me on the couch. "Alright . . now talk to me . . whassup? you look like hell"

"Well . . alright . . Mom already knows, which means dad knows too, so I might as well tell you, too"

"Tell me what?"

. . . . .

"Destiny is pregnant"

"Wow . . is that why you're so pissed?"