Cancer

Y/n's POV.
     Cancer. Luckily it's only stage 1 so it shouldn't be to hard to treat. At least that's what my mom has been telling me. It's only been an hour since they diagnosed me, and they're keeping me overnight. I don't know why because I feel fine. The doctor said that my friends could see me, but I told him no. I don't want my friends to see me like this. I told my mom to tell them to go home and I'd see them when I got out of the hospital tomorrow. I didn't want anyone to think of me differently, but I knew that was probably impossible. I was officially the girl with cancer.
*The next day*
The nurse comes in and helps me get out of bed. I change into my clothes and grab my stuff. I look at my phone, 9 missed calls and 12 text messages. I ignore the messages and leave the hospital with my mom. We get to my house as my mom tells me, "Your friends have been trying real hard to reach you."
I reply, "I know, but I just can't face them. What if they think of me differently?"
My mom answers, "They're won't, I promise."
As we walk into the house Daniel, the guys, and my other friends shout welcome home.
"What are y'all doing here?" I ask.
Daniel responds, "We wanted to see you since we couldn't last night."
I reply, "Yeah, sorry about that."
Jonah comes over to me and gives me a hug as a he says, "No worries. We totally understand."
I smile and reply, "Thanks guys."
   We hung out for a little while after that. They were pretty good at keeping things normal, but I still felt like there had been a change. Cheyenne was very quiet, which is unusual for her, and Daniel seemed kind of clingy, but in a cute way. I was still scared that things wouldn't be the same, that I would be treated differently.

Daniel's POV.
     The next night I took y/n on a date. After hearing about her cancer I got more protective than I usually am. I don't want want her to think I'm treating her differently because I'm not. Or I'm not trying to.

Leah's POV.
      A week after y/n was diagnosed I went for a job interview. It's for a restaurant in town. Before the interview I met a guy name Dax. He's 3 years older than me and has been working here for two years. I get the job and find out that Dax is my trainer. We start hanging out a lot at work and become friends. After working there for a month I find out that Dax is in a gang called The Strikers, and I start to hang out with them, but Jonah seems to be getting jealous.