Friends

School was almost over. We had three weeks until graduation. Cheyenne, Raven, Leah, and I had been spending a lot of time with the Why Don't We boys. I mostly just hung out with Daniel. We had became really close friends, and Zach was still liking on me. It was cute seeing him crush on me, but I still really hoped he wouldn't ask me out. I didn't like him that way and I didn't want me saying no to effect our friendship. One day I was at the house watching a movie with Daniel and Corbyn when I got a text from Zach. He told me to meet him outside. I went outside and saw Zach standing there with a rose in his hand. I thought to myself, oh no not this. I walked up to him and asked, "So what's up?"
He replied, "I know we've only known each other for two months, but I think we have something special."
Then he gave me the rose and asked, "Will you go out with me?"
I replied, "I'm sorry Zach, but no. I don't think of you that way. I'm sorry."
I gave him the rose and walked away. I didn't want to look at him because I knew he'd be upset. When I got back in the house Corbyn and Daniel asked, "What happened?"
"He asked me out."
Corbyn and Daniel looked at each other and laughed. Then Daniel asked, "What did you say?"
I answered, "What do you think I said? I said no. I don't like him that way."
Zach came in and went upstairs.
Corbyn said, "He looks pretty upset. He must've really liked you."
I groaned and put my head in my hands, "Ugghhh. This is why I didn't want him to ask. I didn't want it to effect our friendship."
Daniel put his hand on my shoulder then said, "It's ok. Zach is stronger than he looks. Plus everyone gets turned down sometimes."
"I don't think I have." Corbyn said.
Daniel threw a pillow at Corbyn.
"What? I haven't." Corbyn replied.
"Sure." Daniel said. "Don't worry about Zach. There are plenty of girls that would be happy to get with him."
I answered, "I guess your right."

   Two weeks later Leah, Raven, Cheyenne, the band, and I were all hanging out. We were swimming when Leah got out of the pool and asked Zach to come with her. Raven, Cheyenne, and I all looked at each other. "Is she gonna?" Raven whispered.
Zach and Leah's conversation went like this:
"What do you want?" Zach asked.
Leah replied, "Well I was wondering if you would like to hang out sometime, just the two of us."
Zach answered, "Uhh...I...do you mean like a date?"
Leah responded, "Yeah. A date."
Zach replied, "Uhh...I'm really sorry. I think of you like a sister. I'm sorry."
Leah looked at the ground then said, "Oh. That's ok. Like a brother then. Sorry I bothered you."
Leah went back in the house and Zach came over to the pool.
"Did she just ask you out?" Jack asked.
"Yeah and I said no." Zach replied.
Corbyn laughed, "This is great. Zach officially has terrible luck with girls."
I splashed water in his face before saying, "Really Corbyn?"
Cheyenne said, "I'm gonna go check on Leah."
Cheyenne went inside and not longer after that the rest of us did too.