Our Time

Miley..

      I woke up to the sound of gushing water hitting water. I peered over at Frankie's bed, it was empty. Grunts and coughs came from the bathroom, and more gushing water.

        I got out of bed, and went over to the bathroom. I knocked on the door. "Frank? You okay?" I asked.

      More water. "No." He spits.

      I open the door and found my little brother kneeled down on the ground hovering over the toilet. I kneeled next to him, and rubbed his back. "Do you want to see a doctor?" I asked him.

       He snapped his head up at me. "No, I'm fine."

      "Frankie," I rub the back of his head. "Your sick."

       "No, I'm just a little tired." He rested his head against me. "Can I just sleep?"

     "Sure buddy." We both stood up. I wrapped my arm around his neck as we walked over to his bed. "If your temperature gets worse, I'm taking you to the doctor."

       He climbed into bed and I put blankets over him. "You want anything?" I ask him.

    "Water please." He layed his head down on the pillow.

     "Kay. Try and get some sleep okay?" I left the room quietly. When I got down stairs, Dani was cooking breakfast.

      "Morning." She looks at me with a smile.

      "Good Morning." I smile. "Oh and Frankie is not eating breakfast, he is really sick."

   "Aw, what happened?"

      "I don't know, I just woke up and he was puking all over the place. His head was hot too."

      "Sounds like the flu. I'll tell Kevin to grab some Tylenol."

     "Okay, he asked for a cup of water." I went into the kitchen to grab a cup and poured him water out the filter. On my way upstairs, I ran into Nick. Almost dropping the water.

      "Sorry." He said.

      "It's okay," I smile. "At least nothing spilled." I continue walking until says something else to me.

      "So, are you still mad at me?" He asked.

       I turn around to face him. "It depends," I looked down at my feet. "Are you still mad at me?"

      "I'm was never mad at you. Confused? Yes, but I wasn't mad."

        I nodded. "So that's why you yelled at me," I looked at him. "Because you were confused."

       "I'm really sorry Miley, About last night." He stepped closer to me. "You were right. You were offered a scholarship, not me. So the choice of you wanting to go, or not, is yours." His voice became low and he spoke slower.

    "Nick." I try to speak, but he keeps talking.

      "I was wrong to try and decide for you. And try and talk you into, and out of something."

      "Nick?"

      "Miley, if you want to go to this school next year. You know I would support you know matter what."

      "Nick!" I grab his attention. "I'm not going to Colorado." I say.

      He gives me a blank stare.