seventeen

bright colours clouded their vision. the scent of sweet treats overwhelmed their noses. screaming and laughter lingered in the air.

"let's go on the ferris wheel!" chenle yelped as he frantically pointed.

donghyuck gulped. he wiped his beads of sweat rolling down his face with his long sleeves.

he didn't want to look terrified. he put his hand on his chest and breathed in and out heavily.

"we have to go in partners!" jeno smiled.

"jisung and chenle, haechan and renjun, jaemin and jeno," mark responded.

"but you would be alone," jisung frowned.

"i don't mind, i also feel like i'm intruding a little anyways."

"no, it's alright. i want to get some more food so you can just go with jaemin."

"thanks, nono"

"nono?" jeno arched his eyebrows.

"is nojams better?"

jeno shook his head rigorously before quickly leaving to get his favourite ice cream cone.

the ride for mark and jaemin was serene.

mark looked out to the carriage in front of them looking at the two shadows talking. the wind blew in his face.

"mark, are you okay?" jaemin politely asked.

"no. i hate myself for letting donghyuck out of my grasp."

"i hate how renjun is always there. i hate how donghyuck acts like nothing happened."

"i hate that "we" changed into "i"."

"maybe it's time to move on mark."

he hated jaemin for saying that but he knew it was out of his best interest.

"not yet," mark whispered loud enough for jaemin to hear.

- - - - - - - - - - -

"is it late to tell you i'm afraid of heights?" donghyuck shivered looking down.

renjun grabbed his shaking leg and shook his head.

"it's good to face your fears. proud of you."

donghyuck gave a small smile.

what did he do to deserve such an angel?

"so, are you still interested in stars?" renjun asked to get his mind out of his fear.

"not really. astronomy always reminds me of him."

renjun's smile dropped to the floor.

"then why don't you get back together if you want your interests back?" renjun harshly said.

"because,"

"i've lost interest in both the things that were most important in my life. maybe it was a phase."

"a phase that drew my life together," donghyuck thought.