four

"black panther was honestly so good!" donghyuck excitedly said.

"the cg was amazing!" jisung yelled.

the others nodded and agreed with him, however mark was very silent.

two reasons.

he had found the plotline boring and predictable. he was disappointed as he believed it was over hyped. to mark, the script was badly written with the characters underdeveloped. the other reason was,

during the whole day, donghyuck hadn't said a word to him at all.

not even a simple hello.

was it something he did?

throughout the whole movie, mark was completely distracted watching haechan sit with jeno and jisung whispering and laughing.

mark always sat next to haechan even if he came back a week ago. it was weird to see him with other people. he almost felt a pang of jealousy.

"that busan satoori was so overdone though," renjun laughed.

"do you guys want to get ice cream now?" mark asked staring into donghyuck.

he averted his eyes quickly over to jisung.

everyone responded except for donghyuck.

"what about you hyuck ah?" mark questioned making donghyuck tense.

"yeah, i'll go minhyungie hyung."

the tension in the atmosphere was very awkward. when donghyuck called mark by his real name, everyone knew he was being serious.

he was the last person people wanted to be serious. he had a bright and colourful aura surrounded by him.

mark gave a sad smile and looked down at his pristine white converse.

- - - - - - - - - - -

donghyuck tried to press down his developing feelings for mark. he didn't want the feeling of rejection or the friendzone.

rejection.

the feeling of feeling like you weren't good enough. when everything was already going downhill, it went further underground.

mark had such a promising future while donghyuck didn't even know what direction he was taking. he couldn't allow mark to drop grades or get distracted all because of a boyfriend. he wanted to best for mark so he could strive achievements that he had always dreamed of.

little did he know, that the best thing for mark was donghyuck.

- - - - - - - - - - -

"would you pick a weed in a field full of roses?" mark asked.

donghyuck missed their conversations so badly. he craved talking to him about his new discoveries on stars or mark talking about metaphors in life.

the one person he felt calm talking to.

he didn't even respond.

"i really like watermelon. i can have it with rice."

is he on drugs? donghyuck thought.

"i really want to go see the stars with you one day."

donghyuck's breath hitched. he wasn't special, he was just different.

there were plenty of people like jisung and jeno who had everything and was bright and bubbly.

why did he choose donghyuck?

"even sun watching."

"mark! let's go! my mum came to pick us up," jaemin yelled as it echoed down the small ice cream shop.

"oh and donghyuck? i would."

donghyuck's face scrunched up in confusion.

he stood still as mark waved him goodbye.

as mark jogged off to jaemin, donghyuck whispered,

"did you just compare me to a weed?"

but he was long gone.