seven

for the next few weeks, mark was persistent on getting donghyuck back. he tried to grab his attention by answering all the questions asked in english, talking to jisung or jeno and researching about astrology.

after all, when donghyuck left, mark blanked out. he didn't have an inspiration anymore. he lost his chapter of a beautiful person inside out.

"look. i can't live normally without you. i'm on the verge of insanity."

"you did when you were in canada. why now? what's changed?" donghyuck looked out the window bored.

mark's eyes wavered for a second.

mark couldn't decide if he liked him for his personality or his new exciting chapter in life.

mark changed. he became selfish and used others to write his stories to strive for perfection.

perfection.

it was everything to mark.

he would be the perfect child, and he had gotten whatever he wanted.

hard work paid off in the end.

"because, i became a monster. i'm truly sorry hyuck ah," mark held him in a tight embrace, never letting go.

donghyuck stood awkwardly before relaxing.

donghyuck craved his touch and aroma while mark craved donghyuck's passion.

"maybe, we can be insane people together," he smiled into his neck as mark felt his movement.

"maybe."

they already broke the edge of insanity the first time they had met.

"hello! i'm donghyuck!" he beamed brightly at the boy with prominent dark eyebrows.

"hi, i'm mark. i'm from canada," the boy said quietly.

mark didn't really use korean in canada so he knew very little.

"wow! hello, my name is donghyuck. i love stars, you know byul?" he said in a very broken accent.

mark chuckled lightly and nodded his head.

"i love edgar allan poe!" donghyuck yelled.

mark looked at him shocked.

"really?" (please imagine that in jisung pwark's voice)

donghyuck eagerly nodded and pushed mark over.

"what was that for?" mark yelled loudly in anger.

"i tend to push people over if i'm overexcited."

oh how mark missed the times when he could talk freely to him.

mark had an addiction to him. the moment they met, he developed a spark of interest.

donghyuck wasn't different. he was normal and average. mark had only met 'special people' in his life. born and raised amongst special and wealthy.

he was thrilled to see a dissident voice that was considered normal in the world outside he had lived in.

- - - - - - - -

"have you read the raven?" donghyuck asked in the pure silence.

"of course."

"you remind me of it. i'm the old man grieving over his wife while you are the raven. the one who never goes away and stays with me no matter how much i want you to go away."