twelve

"you have to make him jealous!" jeno jumped on his bed as he excitedly clapped his hands.

"doesn't that only have in wattpad books?"

"huh? what's wattpad?" jeno scrunched his eyebrows.

"nevermind," donghyuck said as his cheeks flushed red.

he was a secret wattpad lover.

"i can be your fake boyfriend, hyuckie" a voice suddenly entered into the room. 

"it will destroy mark though."

"didn't you want him to experience the bitterness of the world?" jeno nudged.

donghyuck sat in his bed worried. 

wasn't there another way?

"you know that heartbreak hurts the most right?" jeno whispered.

renjun stood against the door with his arms folded.

"you sure? it's going to be a lot of effort."

"i'm sure. it will be fun anyways," renjun smiled.

"okay, but don't fall in love with me!" donghyuck laughed.

"of course."

renjun thought to himself,

what if i already have?

he hated how close mark and donghyuck were. even in a week, they kindled like they knew each other for years. it was the only way to be close with donghyuck,

even if it was deteriorating his heart.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

mark's hands curled up slowly after seeing the new golden couple. he felt heat surging up his body.

that was meant to be me.

"hey mark hyung."

he nodded acknowledging their presence.

renjun squeezed donghyuck's hand in reassurance.

"we're having a movie night at jaemin's place this weekend. want to come?" renjun smiled never letting go of donghyuck.

"can i talk to you donghyuck? alone."

renjun quietly left the scene between the star crossed lovers as he knew he didn't want to be involved.

another cut to his heart.

"what are you doing?" mark whisper shouted.

"i'm sorry," donghyuck dropped his head to the floor.

"don't be, because it already worked. you made me jealous. you can break up with your fake boyfriend now," mark scowled.

silence.

"you are so naive hyuck ah. you think i wouldn't figure it out? well, you clearly underestimated me."

"you think i've only lived happy moments. you think i'm perfect? you don't know how much shit i've gone through to be here. you know a page of my life. you don't know anything. i actually trusted you to be my friend. i found an interest in you. turns out it was all for nothing. you are exactly like the rest of them. i'm sorry donghyuck."

"mark hyung," donghyuck whimpered as he grabbed on to mark's arm.

"sorry that i walked away."

he removed his hand with his icy cold fingers.

mark walked down the empty hallway throwing his backpack over his shoulder.

i knew i couldn't trust him, but i did anyways.

mark thought.