"Want to know a secret? So do I!" Belle smiled.

"You do?!" Jack looked up at Belle with a smile "Is he your favorite superhero?"

"Mmmmm." Belle pretended to think about it. "I don't think so."

"Who's your favorite?" Jack picked up a lego guy and started to play with him moving his arms and legs back and forth.

"Star Lord is."

"Is that because daddy is your new friend?"

Belle laughed. "That might have something to do with it. But you can't tell him he's my favorite ok?"

"It's a secret?!" Jack asked with a sneaky grin.

Belle nodded and held out her pinky showing him how to pinky promise.

"So that means we have a secret you can't tell your dad." Belle frowned saying it out loud didn't sound very good.

Jack laughed at her frowning face.

"Ahem." Chris cleared his throat. Belle and Jack both looked up.

"DADDY!" Jack jumped up running to give Chris a hug.

"Hey kiddo." He gave him a huge bear hug lifting him off the ground. "Boy did I miss you."
Belle stood up and walked over to the 2 of them.

"Hey." Her heart felt like it was going to explode she was so happy to see him, but she didn't want to show any affection in front of Jack.

"Daddy! Look who is hanging out with me! It's Belle! And she said we could take Killen to the park soon!"

"Hi." Chris's eyes looked tired, but she could see the happiness in them when he looked at her.

"Hi." She echoed.

"I'm so glad you're here."

"I'm so glad you're finally home."

"Are you guys going to kiss?" Jack had a disgusted look on his face.

Chris and Belle laughed. "What buddy? Why would you ask that?"

"Cause that's how you look in the movies when you're about to kiss a girl."

Belle was no good and started to laugh even harder.

Chris opened his mouth to say something and then shut it.

Belle had tears in her eyes from laughing and Chris still couldn't find anything to say. Finally turning to Jack he asked. "Would you be cool if I kissed Belle?"

Jack shrugged and wiggled to get out of his dad's arms. "Come look at my legos!"

"Where did this come from?" Chris followed Jack to the living room.

"Belle!" Jack pointed.

Belle shrugged, "Anna gave me his car seat, so we went shopping. I hope that's ok."

"Of course." He leaned in, "And you're taking every single one of these damn legos home with you."

Belle laughed. "I should go, I need to let Killen out."

"No!" Chris reached out and grabbed her around the waist. "Stay."

"I want to go see Killen!" Jack jumped up.

"How about we go get Killen and then pick up some take out for dinner." Belle suggested. "You can shower and by the time you've unpacked and are settled we'll be back."

"Where have you been all my life?" Chris smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liked by prattprattpratt, MsAllieDonovan and 10,125 others

RealBellsHarperLA  So glad to see this face again. Yes I just made it Instagram official         💕😍💕

View all 3,125 comments

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After dinner they put a movie on by 8:30 both Chris and Jack were sound asleep. Belle carefully carried Jack to bed and then came back to the couch where Chris had started to stir.

"Hey." He said blearily. "Whatcha doing?"

"I put Jack in bed."

"C'mere." Chris reached out and pulled her down on the couch. Sliding up he wrapped his arms around her waist resting his head on her stomach. He inhaled deeply. "I've waited 3 long weeks to hold you. And now I'm home with my boy and my woman. It's perfect." He murmured before sighing contently and falling back to sleep.