Drawing

Becky's POV

I sit in the crows nest past my curfew. Not that any of the crew notices, we're pirates after all. Besides we're waiting for my dad to escape prison. Apparently there was something really important in there, he had to get. I hear Gibbs singing Elizabeth's song below. When a loud bell goes off and I look towards solute in the distance.

Grabbing a rope I swing onto the deck as the crew appears. Gibbs holding his hand out at the ladder. But instead of a hand a bony leg is placed into it. I roll my eyes as dad steps onto the ship. "Not quite according to plan" Gibbs says.

"Complications arose, ensued, were overcome" dad tells him.

"You got what you went in for then?" I ask him. He gives me a stern look and sighs nodding his head. Then takes out a piece of paper waving it around. As he went to walk to our cabin, the crew blocked him.

"Captain, I think the crew, meaning Becky and me as well. Were expecting something a bit more... shiny. What with the Isle de Muerta going all pear-shaped, reclaimed by the sea and the treasure along with it" Gibbs explains.

"And the Royal Navy chasing us all around the Atlantic" Leech adds.

"And the hurricane" Marty adds also.

"Is that how you're all feeling? That old Jack is not doing his duty as captain?" dad asks.

"Show us what is on that piece of paper" Leech tells him. Dad goes to show us when Jack takes it from him. Dad shots him and Marty picks up the piece of paper.

"It's a key!" he states.

"No! Much more better" dad says taking the paper from from Marty. "It is a *drawing* of a key" Dad explains showing us the key. "Gentlemen... what do keys do?" he asks.

"Keys unlock things" Leech says and I roll my eyes. Some of the pirates are dumber then me and I just turned thirteen.

"And whatever this key unlocks, inside there's something valuable. So we're setting out to find whatever this key unlocks!" Gibbs states.

"No. If we don't have the key, we can't open whatever it is we don't have that it unlocks. So what purpose would be served in finding whatever need be unlocked, which we don't have, without first having found the key what unlocks it?" dad explains.

"So we're going after this key!" Gibbs exclaims.

"You're not making any sense at all" dad tells him.

"Do we have a heading?" Marty and I ask him together.

"Ah! A heading! Set sail in a general..." dad says looking at his compass. He points around vaguely and the crew follows his finger. "That ways direction" he states.

"Captain/dad?" Gibb and I ask him confused.

"Snap to and make sail, you know how this works. Ho ho ho" dad says heading for our cabin and I follow him. "Now Becky why are you up past your bed time?" he asks when the door closes behind us.

"I wanted to make sure you got back safely. You're late getting back" I tell him.

"I was perfectly safe, now get some sleep" he tells me. "I have charts to look over" he states. I nod my head and kiss his cheek. Before going to my bed in the corner. I take my boots, belt and weapons off. Then crawl under the covers and Jack jumps up beside me. We both fall asleep.

A/N

Picture above of the drawing. Sorry this is a little.