Dinner With the Captain

Becky's POV

"Uncle Hector, I need a bigger bed" I state when I enter his cabin. I was given a new clothes to wear. A long white shirt and full length red/black suit. I see Elizabeth there also and smile giving her a big hug. "You kept promise, thank you Elizabeth" I tell her smiling.

"They haven't hurt you right?" she asks me.

"Why would they hurt me?" I ask her and walk over to uncle Hector as the monkey jumps onto my shoulder. "This is the uncle I told you about all those years ago" I tell her.

"Yes and I am thankful you looked after her so well. But she is home now and I promised no harm would come to you. Now let's ate" he tells us and pulls out a chair for me. Elizabeth starts to ate all lady like while I ate a bit faster. "There's no need to stand on ceremony, no call to impress anyone. You must be hungry" he tells Elizabeth and she starts to ate faster then me.

He tells her to try the wine and she does then offers her an apple. She realizes he isn't eating and drops the bread roll she had been eating. "It's poisoned" she states.

"There would be no sense to be killing you Miss Turner" Uncle Hector tells her.

"Then release me, you have your trinket and niece I am of no further value to you" she tells him.

"You don't know what this is, do ye?" he asks her.

"It's a pirate medallion" she states.

"It's made of Aztec gold Elizabeth" I tell her.

"Yes, one of 882 identical pieces they delivered in a stone chest to Cortez himself. Blood money paid to stem the slaughter he wreaked upon them with his armies. But the greed of Cortez was insatiable. So the heathen gods placed upon the gold a terrible curse. Any mortal that removes but a piece from that stone chest shall be punished for eternity" he explains.

"I hardly believe in ghost stories, Captain Barbossa" Elizabeth tells him. "Besides Becky isn't cursed" she adds.

"True but I bet she's never allowed out at night or been in moon light" my uncle states and I nod my head. "Besides that's exactly what I thought when first told of the tale. Buried in the island of the dead that which cannot be found except by those who already knows where it is. Find it, we did. And there be the chest... and inside, be the gold. We took them all! Spent 'em, traded 'em and fritted 'em away, for drink and food and pleasurable company. But the more we gave them away, the more we came to realize. The drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, nor the company in the world would harm or slake our lust. We are cursed men, Miss Turner. Compelled by greed, we were. But now, we are consumed by it" he explains.

"So how do we end this curse Uncle?" I ask him.

"There is one way we can end our curse. All the scattered pieces of the Aztec gold must be restored and the blood repaid. Thanks to ye both, we have the final two pieces" he states.

"And the blood to be repaid?" Elizabeth asks.

"That's why there is no sense to be killing you... yet and because I promised Becky to set you free once the curse is lifted. Apple?" he says offering her a green apple. Elizabeth angrily knocks the apple out of Barbossa's hand. Then takes a knife she had hidden and stabs him in the chest with it making me scream. But Barbossa looks unaffected; he pulls out the knife looking at Elizabeth. "I'm curious: after you kill me, what is it you plan on doing next?" he asks her.

Elizabeth runs out of the room and I walk over to my uncle. "Are you ok?" I ask him and he nods his head. "Can I sleep in Elizabeth's cabin tonight? I think you scared her a little" I tell him.

"Of course you may, now wait here while I go retrieve her. By the way there is a new necklace for you on the table" he tells me. He leaves to collect Elizabeth and I find the necklace. Smiling I put it on and continue to wait for Elizabeth. She soon runs into the room and he shuts the door behind her. I walk over to where she is crouched in the corner and give her a hug.

"It's ok Lizzy, you'll be back in Port Royal soon" I assure her using my old nickname for her. All she does is hold me close as she looks around the room. I fall asleep in her arms just like old times.

A/N

Picture above of Becky's outfit and picture on the external link of her necklace.