Angelica

Rebecka's POV

"Already figured that out dad" I state as we close in on the imposter.

"You've stolen me, and I'm here to take myself back" dad tells the imposter. They trade blows. The imposter then copies dad as he strokes his goatee. "Stop doing that" dad snaps. They continue to fight and I join in.

Until the imposter nearly stabbed me. "Becky stay back" dad tells me.

"I'm fine" I tell him.

"Do as I say" he states.

"Fine" I say and sheave my sword. I lean against the wall and continue to watch the fight. Between dad and the imposter. Dad dodges an attack, rolls expertly onto a crate. The other imposter executes the exact same roll. Dad tosses his sword back and forth between right and left hand. The imposter does so too.

The pair fight up a ramp. The imposter rolls barrels down. Dad evades it, by jumping into the rafters. The imposter spins, ready to continue to fight. But doesn't see my dad. They look at me and I point up. They go into he rafters and still didn't find my dad.

Suddenly, a set of hanging barrels plummet down. The imposter springs back, dodging it. Thinks, spins, raises a sword as dad rises up behind, pulled up by the rope that holds the barrels their swords clash. As they continue their battle on the rafters.

The imposter swings a pulley at dad. Who grabs it, the pulley breaks. Dad lands on a stack of
barrels. The imposter leaps down, fights as barrels roll out from beneath them. A flash of intricate swordplay as they land on solid ground again.

"Only one person alive knows that move" dad states. He grabs the imposter's arm and kisses them full on the lips. I look at him wide eyed. Then roll my eyes. "Always wanted to do that.
Hello, Angelica" he says removing the fake goatee. Revealing the imposter is a woman.

"Hello, Jack. Are you impressed? I think I almost killed you once or twice there" Angelica states.

"I'm touched at this most sincerest form of flattery. But why?" dad asks her. As he uses his sword to flip away her hat off.

"You were the only pirate I thought I would pass for" she states. Angelica slips out of her wig and bandana.

"That is not a compliment" dad tells her.

"Don't worry, I have long since forgiven you" she tells him.

"That's generous of you" I state.

"For leaving you?" dad asks.

"Recall that I left you" Angelica states. "Though it is nice to finally meet the famous Becky" she adds looking at me.

"Rebecka" I correct her.

"A gentleman allows a lady to maintain her fictions" dad tells her.

"As long as my sailors get their money, they will put up with any number of peculiarities and peccadilloes" Angelica tells him.

"There is one pecadilly up with which I will not put. I will be impersonated as Captain, nothing less" dad tells her.

"For that you need a ship, and as it turns out, I have one" Angelica tells him smugly. As she starts to wash her face.

"I could use a ship" dad states.

"He means we" I state as I lean against a post.

"I hear-tell you've been to the Fountain" Angelica says to my dad, ignoring me.

"There be a lot of hear-telling going on these days" dad mutters.

"The fountain of youth" she presses.