Rum Runners Isle

Becky's POV

"She's right dad, you were marooned on this island before right?" I ask and he nods his head.

"We can escape the same way you did then" Elizabeth states.

" To what point and purpose, young missy? The Black Pearl is gone and unless you have a rudder and a lot of sails hidden in that bodice - unlikely - young Mr. Turner will be dead long before you can reach him" Dad states.

" But you're Captain Jack Sparrow. You vanished from under the eyes of seven agents of the East India Company. You sacked Nassau Port without even firing a shot. Are you the pirate I've read about or not? How did you escape last time?" Elizabeth asks him.

" Last time... I was here a grand total of three days, all right?" he states opening a trap door and entering the room below. "Last time, the rum runners used this island as a cache, they came past and I was able to barter passage off. By the look of things, they've long been out of business. Probably have your bloody friend Norrington to thank for that" he explains coming up with two bottles of rum.

"So that's it, then? That's the secret, grand adventure of the infamous Jack Sparrow. You spent three days lying on a beach drinking rum" Elizabeth says.

" Welcome to the Caribbean, love" dad tells her before heading back towards the beach.

"So is there any truth to the stories?" I ask dad.

"Truth" he says and shows us some of his scars. "No truth at all" he states. "We still have a month maybe more of supplies. Keep an eye out for passing ships" he tells us.

"What about Will?" Elizabeth asks him.

"We have to do something" I tell him.

"You're absolutely right" he says and rolls a bottle of rum over to Elizabeth. "Here's luck to you Will Turner" he says before taking a drink from the other bottle. Elizabeth and I sit either side of him as she opens the other bottle.

"Drink up me hearties yo ho" Elizabeth says before drinking.

"What was that Elizabeth?" dad asks her and I smile remembering the pirate song she always sings to me.

"It's miss Swann, and it's nothing. Just a song I learnt as a kid when I thought it'd be fun to meet a pirate" she explains.

"Let's hear" dad tells her. "Come on, we got the time" he states.

"No, I'd have to have a lot more to drink" she tells him.

"How much more?" dad asks her smiling and then goes to get more rum.

"Lissy we need to make daddy drunk enough to pass out" I tell her quietly.

"What do you have in mind?" she asks me.

"When he passes out we light the shelter and rum on fire, making a huge smoke signal. The entire royal navy will be out searching for you and it'll make dad really upset" I tell her smirking. She smirks back agreeing to the idea and dad returns with more rum.

(That night)

"We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot. Drink up me hearties, yo ho. Yo ho, ho ho, a pirate's life for me" all three of us sing dancing around the fire. Dad was drunk and Elizabeth was doing a good job pretending to be drunk. I haven't touched the rum.

" I love this song. Really bad egg!" dad shouts and falls to the ground. Elizabeth and I laugh at him and he pulls us down beside him. "When I get the Pearl back, I'm gonna teach it to the whole crew, and we'll sing it all the time" he tells me.

" And you'll be positively the most fearsome pirates in the Spanish Main" I tell him smiling.

"Not just the Spanish Main, Becky. The entire ocean. The entire wo'ld. Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom" he explains.

"Jack it must of been terrible to be trapped on this island" Elizabeth says leaning into Dad's side.

"It was, but  the company is infidelity better then last time and the scenery has diffidently improved" he says wrapping an arm around her.

"Jack Sparrow! I'm not sure I've had enough Rum to allow for that kind of talk" Elizabeth states pulling away from him while I giggle.

"I know exactly what you mean luv" Dad says curling his beard.

"To freedom" Elizabeth says holding up her bottle of rum.

"To the Black Pearl" dad states clinking the bottles together. Before downing his and passing out.

"Phase one complete, you get the rum while I lit an other fire" I tell Elizabeth. So all night we were burning the food, shelter and rum. Until dad woke up smelling the smoke at dawn.

"No! Not good! Stop! Not good! What are you doing? You burned all the food, the shade... the rum!" dad shouts as Elizabeth threw the last barrel into the fire.

"Yes the rum is gone" I tell him yawning.

"Why is the rum gone?" he asks us.

" One: because it is a vile drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels. Two: that signal is over a thousand feet high. The entire Royal Navy is out looking for us. Do you really think there is even the slightest chance they won't see it?" Elizabeth asks him. While I lay down on the beach curling into a ball.

" But why is the rum gone?" dad asks her again. She sighs sitting beside me and I place my head in her lap.

"Just wait captain Sparrow. You give it one hour, maybe two; keep a weather eye out and you will see white sails on that horizon" Elizabeth tells him. I see dad momentarily considering shooting her  from the corner of my eye with his single bullet he has been saving for ten years. Before placing his pistol back into his belt before stomping off.

"Wake me when the navy arrives" I tell Elizabeth before falling asleep. But it's not even a few minutes after she wakes me up saying the Dauntless has arrived. I stretch yawning as I see the Commodore rowing over with some soldiers in a long boat as Daddy returns.

A/N

Gif above of Jack Sparrow asking Elizabeth 'why is the rum gone?' and video above of the 'why is the rum gone?' remix.