There were 2 beers left from the 6 pack Chris had brought earlier that week. She stared at the beer before finally grabbing one and popping the cap. She caught Killen looking at her out of the corner of her eye.

"What?" She took a sip of the beer. "It's one beer. Don't you start on me to."

Killen tilted his head to the side and sat down.

"Let's go for a run, huh?" She took the beer with her drinking it as she made her way into her bedroom to change into sweats.

During her run her phone finally buzzed and she stopped out of breath to check it.

PRATT😍❤️🤩: Finally landed, call you as soon as I can. PS Miss your face. PPS And a few other things.

Belle got home and showered still waiting to hear from Chris. Not wanting to but unable to stop herself she grabbed the last beer from the fridge and sat on the couch flipping through the channels. Finally stopping on some action spy thriller, she started to fall asleep.

A littler after 10 her phone ringing woke her up.

"Hey baby." Chris's voice was husky, and he sounded exhausted.

"Hey." She rubbed her eyes sitting up.

"I'm so sorry that I didn't call you earlier. We were stuck on the runway for like an hour." He yawned.

"It's ok. I'm glad you're safe."

"I miss you." His voice lowered. "I feel like a piece of me is missing. We've been together every night for a week."

"I know I feel the same way." Now Belle yawned.

"Go to bed. I will call you first thing in the morning. Well first thing your morning."

"Can you talk to me for a few more minutes. I've been waiting all day to hear your voice."

"You have?"

"Yeah." She pulled the throw blanket up around her and snuggled deep into the cushions of the couch.

Chris talked to her until she fell asleep the phone next to her.

The next 3 weeks were hard to say the least. Belle tried to stay busy at work. But every night she came home she would drink a glass of wine. Then it was 2 glasses of wine. She talked to Chris as often as she could. The press posted all kinds of photos of him some with his gorgeous co-stars. Anything to get a click on their tabloid story they printed all kind of trash about him and any or all his female costars. Belle knew it was just that, trash, but she couldn't help but to feel jealous. When she felt her insecurities or anxiety flare she would grab the wine. It didn't help that she felt like everyone was watching her waiting for her to crash and burn like she had with Hunter. 3 days before Chris was scheduled to come home Allie forced Belle to allow her to come over for dinner.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in a month." Allie set her purse on Belle's kitchen counter. "And I thought with Chris gone you'd want the company." She paused her eye catching the trash can. Flipping the lid she looked up with her jaw hanging open. There was almost nothing but empty wine bottles in the trash.

"What the hell Belle? You've been drinking this much?"

"No." Belle crossed the kitchen and slammed the lid shut. "That's from like 2 weeks." She lied.

"Are you kidding me? Don't try to lie to me. What's going on?"

"It helps me sleep." Belle crossed her arms defensively in front of her.

"Chris doesn't know any of this does he?" Allie sat down on the bar stool.

"No and it's gonna stay that way because there is nothing to know."

Allie jumped up and flipped the trash can lid again. "Bull crap!"

"Did you come over here to have dinner or to yell at me?"

"I didn't know I was going to have to yell at you. Please promise me you will slow down."

"Ok." Belle shrugged before grabbing a pan from the cupboard. "So have you seen Matt lately?"

"Occasionally." Allie pulled her phone out. "He's a great kisser."

Belle laughed. "Better then Liam?"

Allie nodded.

The wine didn't come back up in the conversation for the rest of the evening.

As they were cooking Belles phone rang, her face lit up "its Chris. I gotta take this"

"Hey babe" she answered

"Hey beautiful. What are you doing?"

"Allie came over for dinner. And we're gonna watch a movie. What about you?"

"Well it's 1:00 in the morning here so I'm about to go to bed" he laughed

Chris was in England and would be flying to New York the next day. Then back to California on Thursday.

"Oh well I'm glad you called me. "

"I couldn't go to bed without calling you first. Which movie you and Allie gonna watch?"

"Uh...just some chick flick."

"She's lying!" Allie yelled, "it's Thor Ragnarok" she popped a grape in her mouth.

"Thor? Really? Why not Guardians of the Galaxy? Or Parks and Rec?"

"I miss you bad enough already. I don't want to see your face on my tv"

"Oh yeah....baby I miss you so bad it hurts. And I know that's cheesy as hell but I never thought I'd miss someone so bad I'd feel it"

"You're just saying that" Belle rolled her eyes.

"I promise you I'm not. I've never wanted to be with someone as bad as I want to be with you right now"

"3 more sleeps"

"3 more sleeps" he repeated. At some point over the 3 weeks Chris has been gone they had started to end their conversations saying how many sleeps they had left till he'd be back.

"Ok my gorgeous girl" he held back a yawn "I will see you in my dreams"

Belle giggled "You're so cheesy"

"That's the effect you have on me baby"

Belle laughed again "Go to bed you goof"

"Mmmmwahhhh" he kissed the phone.

"Back at ya handsome" she hung up the phone still laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liked by prattprattpratt and 4,520 others

RealBellsHarperLA 2 more sleeps 😍💕

View all 725 comments