Chapter 3 - A Beautiful Melody ♫

Start from the beginning

"I heard about that! Let's hope that four of them can shine just a brightly as you all do! Now, speaking of first years, how did your journeys begin?" Mr Okamura questioned.

"I'd be happy to tell you, Mr Okamura" Akane declared. "Firstly, I'll explain how Kaguya and I met."

"We're childhood friends!" Kaguya exclaimed.

"Yep! Firstly, I met Kaguya. The end" Akane said, putting on a straight face.

Epiphany and the host looked at her. Kaguya had fallen backwards out of her cushion armchair.

"I'm just messing with you all! Here's the rest of the story. When I was little, I had stage fright. One day, I was chosen to sing a Christmas carol at my school. I was so nervous about it, but then, I met Kaguya, who decided to sing with me on stage. Kaguya and I put on our very first performance together, and from that day forth, with Kaguya by my side, I became confident in my skills, and I know that I can do anything!" Akane said, smiling determinedly, with a twinkle in her eye. Kaguya looked like she was about to cry tears of joy.

"Your encounter was so sweet! Now, it's Megumi and my turn!" Asami said, smiling gently.

"When I was little, I had always dreamed of being a top idol at Stardust. But back then, I wasn't good at singing or dancing. When the school talent show was on, I decided to give it a go. However, I messed up a lot. The next day I was teased and mocked. But someone stood up for me. That someone was Megumi. She supported me, and convinced me to go to the entrance exam for Stardust Academy. With Megumi at my side, I worked hard, and we both passed. I'm so happy that everyone has helped me grow! The events I experienced weren't always pleasant, but my friends here, and everyone else, kept on encouraging me to do my best! Everyone, I'm truly thankful!" Asami said, her gentle smile touching everyone's heartstrings. The members of Epiphany hugged her, but it was clear that Megumi hugged her most.

Kazuna and I watched the rest of the show intently. Our jaws dropped when we heard that Asami was the niece of the Headmaster and Headmistress. When the show was over, Kazuna sprang into action. "Come on Emi! Let's go jogging!" she said. I looked at her, but then my face melted into a smile.

"Yeah!"

***

"Alright, it's finally time to chose the contestants!" Kaguya said, doing a fist pump.

Megumi reached over and picked out a name.

"Hiyu Yazeyo! Luki Kuruzora! And..." Megumi said, leaving everyone in suspense.

"Kazuna Hitori!" she announced after a short pause.

"Congrats Kazuna! You're so lucky! You get to meet Epiphany! Good luck! And remember to do your best! Oh, can you also ask Epiphany what their favourite type of cookies are?" I asked, as I gave Kazuna a quick hug and wished her luck.

She blinked, but responded with yes.

"Yay!" I exclaimed, cheering.

I was upset that I wasn't chosen, but I'm happy that Kazuna will have this chance!

***

Kazuna took a deep breath, and entered the room.

"Hello there! Since Hiyu and Luki have already finished, you must be Kazuna!" Asami said, smiling.

"I am" Kazuna replied.

"Take a seat" Megumi said gently.

"Anyways, what's your name?" Kaguya asked cheerfully.