Prologue

Elsa's POV:

I was with my friend, Jack, at work. We work at my fathers company for Arendelle Fashions. We were just working on designs for the latest fashions. We are 20 years old and Jack being older than me by just a few days. He teases me nonstop about it.
I, of course laugh along with him. I could never stay mad at him.

I was working on a dress that I thought would be cute. It was mainly to be a one of kind or just something for myself. That's a perk for me since my dad owns the company and I'm the heir to be the owner. It's just something for me to do for fun since I'm done working. I'm waiting for Jack since we usually leave together.

"Hey Elsa! Are you ready to leave?"
Speaking of Jack.

"Yeah, let's go!"

We ended up going to an ice cream shop since... why not? We both love the winter and ice cream is pretty good might I add.

We went to Jack's car. Jack drove us there. Then we walked into the shop and the cashier was really attractive...

"Hi. What may I get you?" He asked Jack.

"I'll get chocolate chip mint," Jack replied.

"And you?" He asked and winked.

"I'll get chocolate please," I said with a smile.

"Coming right up," He said and flashed me a smile.
He was ringing us up and gave us our ice cream. Jack was paying for his ice cream and offered to pay for mine. I declined though. But then the cashier said to me, "You don't need to pay."

"Why?" I asked.

"It's on me," he said.

"Oh. Um. Thank you! Uh... Brandon," I said as I looked at his name tag.

"It's no problem. And what might your name be?" He asked me.

"Oh. It's Elsa," I said and smiled.

"I like that name," he said.

We were just staring at each other for awhile until we heard someone clear their throat.

I looked at Jack. I almost forgot he was here.

"Oh and this is Jack my best friend since Senior year in high school," I told him.

"Uh. Yea nice to meet you," Jack said, "Els, let's go find somewhere to sit."

"Alright," I replied.

"Wait, let me give you my number," Brandon said. I looked at Jack, who must have decided to leave and find a seat. I wonder what his problem was? I waited until Brandon gave me his number.

"Give me a call sometime," he said to me and winked again.

"Okay," I said with a smile then left to find Jack. I found Jack sitting in a corner almost done with his ice cream.

"Jack, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing. I'm fine," he said emotionless.

"You don't seem fine," I said.

"I'm fine. Just finish your ice cream. I have to be somewhere today," he said. Wow. He's never been like this before.

"Alright geez. No need to be rude about it," I said.
I finished my ice cream and Jack and I were off to his car. He drove me home since he has always picked me up and dropped me off for work.

The car ride was silent. No radio. No humming. No talking. Just silence. It felt really awkward and I have no idea what just happened. He parked outside my parents house since I still live with them.

What? Don't judge. I'm only 20 years old. You can't expect a 20 year old to live on their own. It's only a few years after high school. Most people don't have their lives figured out at that point yet.

Anyway, we were at my house. I was opening my door and wasn't sure if I should say something or not since he didn't seem like he wanted to talk... to me at least. But I did anyway.

"Um. Bye. I hope you have a great rest of your day. Sorry if I ruined it. I'll see you at work tomorrow," I said. I waited for a little bit to see if he would say something. He didn't. Then I decided to get out of the car walking to my house. He usually walks me in but I guess today is... different.

I sighed to myself. What did I do wrong?