Broken Internal Promise

"Louis listen to me! I know you're scared but you have to do as I say, my gun is upstairs I need to go get it. So stay here and don't move from this spot and stay down!" I say.

"No! You'll get hurt please stay here wait it out!" Louis pleads.

"If they come through that door Louis there's no way in hell I can fight them off I need to go get it!" I say sternly.

His tears begin to fall rapidly and I know how utterly terrified he is.

"Baby, remember I'll never let anything happen to you." I say.

I take his face between my hands before planting a hard kiss on his lips before getting up.

"No Harry!" he says as I get up.

I ignore his pleading and dart across the living room.

"FUCK!" I yell as a bullet grazes my left arm.

"HARRY!" Louis screams.

"I'm okay!" I shout running up the steps frantically pressing my finger against the scanner before grabbing it and running back downstairs.

"Your arm is bleeding." Louis cries.

"I'm fine listen I need to get you out of this spot and into a safer one." I say.

But then...silence. My ears are ringing from the gunfire. All that's filled the air is the sound of Louis' cries. I quickly grab him putting a hand over his mouth.

"Shh," I whisper lowly, "they want to pinpoint where we are. We can't let that happen so let's move okay?"

Just as I'm about to the gun fire rages again all at once they come flying through the air like a mad swarm of angry bees.

"It's okay." I assure him.

I crawl around the bullet ridden couch in search of an escape route.

"OW HARRY! HARRY! HARRY!" my heart drops into my stomach.

I frantically crawl back to him. Blood seeps through his shirt on his side.

"Lou stay focused listen to the sound of my voice." I say.

"They shot me," he looks down at this wound, "Harry."

I press my hand as hard as I can against his wound.

"YOU BLOODY COWARDS! ARE HIDING BEHIND A DAMN WALL! GROW SOME BALLS AND COME IN HERE!" I threat.

The gun fire ceases.

"You'd like that wouldn't you? Make it easy 1,2,3 for you to kill us, nah." a mans voice comes from the other side.

Louis' hand grabs my arm tightly.

"Don't threat him." Louis says.

"I'm not scared of him Louis." I say.

"I've just shot up your flat, perhaps little Louis there too, yeah?" he threats.

"Come inside," I say calmly, "I'd like to see who I'm going to kill when I get the chance to." 

I hear his laugh.

"Oh please you wouldn't want me to do that. Not with that precious boy of yours in there with you." he says.

"What's funny is you thinking I'd let you anywhere near him." I say.

I silently cock my gun as the door comes flying open.

"Because you know if I do get near him he'll be all mine again," two other men walk in, "you're outnumbered."