[19] Still The Second Day

Start from the beginning

"So, you finished your plan yet Hiccup?" Astrid asked, having finished carving a makeshift spear and holding an impaled perch on the end over the fire.

"Well... mostly. I'm still missing a few details." Hiccup scratched the back of his head, he is cooking a brown trout on your right side with Astrid on his right.

"Tell us that then." Snotlout rudely spoke from his spot to your left. Hiccup ignored the rude tone.

"Okay, so far the plan is that before we meet at the place it looks like we should go, we need to scout around the area they're camped at to see if there are other entrances. We can use these once we get (Y/N) inside." Hiccup started to explain.

"Question. How are we going to get her inside?" Snotlout interrupted Hiccup from saying more.

"I was getting to that. (Y/N) here is going to have to convince them someway that we have whatever this key thing they're looking for. And I was thinking, maybe she can demand to see her guardian before she gives it to them. Hopefully, I can get in with her to help her free the guy and escape." Hiccup answered.

        You thought that it wasn't a bad idea as you took a bite of your fish, but you felt uneasy about heading into the unknown. 'At least Hiccup would be there to back you up.' You thought, making you feel a bit better.

"What about the entrances you mentioned earlier?" Astrid reminded, turning over her fish to cook the other side.

"Those will be used by you and Snotlout to sneak inside and help us out with escaping. But you will have to be quiet and stealthily so to not catch too much attention. Fishlegs and the twins can hide near the meeting point for backup just in case, and if its needed, a distraction for escape." Hiccup finished, covering mostly everything. But something bothered you.

"What are we going to do exactly to free him? I don't think they'll let us take Toothless along." You pointed out.

"Uhh, I didn't think out that part. We'll just have to improvise." He smiled nervously.

"I love improvising. It usually ends up in destruction and some action!" Ruffnut suddenly yelled, obviously excited about the future.

~~~~~~~~( Time skip )~~~~~~~~

The sky had darkened to a navy blue, the first signs of the stars coming to life as you look up at them from your spot. You are currently sitting on some grass on a rather small island. It's size only looks to be enough to hold only one field of farmland, yet its big enough to be quite a bit away from the cliffs from the middle.

        You felt a bit cold, you didn't have the warmth of a fire to sleep tonight because the island is within viewing distance of your destination. Far enough away that whoever is on Melody Island can't see the dragons land or take off, but close enough to see a small glow of a fire.

        You looked back down at the rocky island that is Melody Island. And you can't help but become really nervous about what's in store. Lots of thoughts about things going wrong in your head didn't help either. You sigh and hug your legs.

"You okay?" A voice made you jump. You whirled your head up to see the source of the voice, Hiccup. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." He apologized.

"Its fine." You respond, looking back at Melody Island. You hear a dragon gurgle and shifting of wings. From the corner of your eye, you see Toothless's head and his front legs in a laying down position on your right, meaning he's laying down behind you. Hiccup sat down to your left, and looked over the horizon with you. Silence hung in the air for a moment as your mind echos with thoughts. It must have shown on your face.

"Are you nervous about tomorrow?" Hiccup asked looking at you. You glanced his way then back at the view.

"Yeah." You mumbled, more seconds of silence.

"Don't worry. We all got your back you know." Hiccup said, trying to make you feel better.

"I know, its just..." You sigh and lean back on Toothless, he doesn't seem to mind. One thought kept tugging at your mind. "This guy were rescuing has the answers to where I came from. And..." You paused, staring up at the sky. Hiccup just looked at you, patiently waiting for you to continue. "I'm... I'm not sure if I want to know what happened in my past because of the glimpses of it in my nightmares." You watched the stars in the night sky twinkle.

        You feel a comforting hand on your shoulder, and you finally look over at Hiccup. His soft, warm gaze gives you a look of reassurance, and you could help but give a small smile in return. He removes his hand and looks forward, a smile now on his face as well. You look towards the island in the distance for a moment before closing your eyes. Despite the cold air around you, you felt warm, safe even, and the nervousness from earlier seemed to melt away. "Thank you." You smiled.

"What?" Hiccup looked at you with a questioning look. But you didn't hear it as you drifted to sleep. Ending the second day.