"Okay." I grinned back.

We discussed the schedules, and luckily it was full-time, so I worked every other afternoon and evening. He also gave me the work uniform I had to wear.

"Let me at least ask you if you ever made your own mixed alcoholic drink?" Jeff asked, smirking.

"Yes, I have," I said, laughing.

"Good." He nodded. "Well, it was nice seeing you and giving you the job."

"Yes, it was. Thanks." I grinned. "I'll see you on Wednesday." I waved as I walked out.

I went back to my apartment with a bit of an improved mood. "Guess what!" I exclaimed with a grin.

"What?" Chelsea asked, looking oblivious.

"I got the job!"

"That's great!" She grinned. "We're going to be working buddies too, it'll be so much fun."

"Yeah. Did you know that Jeff, our friend from high school, works there as a manager?"

She smiled, nodding her head. "Yeah, that's how I got the job."

"Me too." I laughed. "That's kind of cool though."

I opened up a bag of chips to have a snack, but then all of a sudden, I thought of Vince, and the sadness came over me once again. I clipped the bag of chips, and put it back in the food pantry. Then, I went over to the couch, and started crying.

"Oh no, Stace," Chelsea cried out, quickly coming over to comfort me. "Hey, tell you what, we'll going to go to the club, have some drinks, dance, and maybe meet some guys."

"Ugh, Chels, I would under any other circumstance, but I don't know if I'm in the mood tonight."

"But you should at least celebrate finding a job. Don't let Vince ruin it. We'll be working together, and you'll probably meet an amazing guy."

"I guess." I sighed, wiping my tears and blowing my nose.

"We don't have to be at the club too long."

"Fine. I'll go." I sighed again.

"We'll have fun." She grinned, giving me a hug.

We ate dinner, then got ready to go to the club.

We went in a taxi, then went to the club where we went to last time. Hopefully the Tinder guy that tried to roofie Chelsea wouldn't be there.

When we got out of the car, we went to the long line outside of the club. We had to wait there about a half an hour until we paid and got in.

The first thing we did was go to the bar, and ordered drinks. I ordered my usual strawberry margarita, and Chelsea ordered tequila.

After we had a drink, we went over to the dance floor.

Chelsea, as usual, was scoping out cute guys to dance and talk to. She encouraged me to do it too, but I wasn't in that particular mood. I even teared up a little bit, but then I thankfully stopped.

"Come on, Stace. It'll really help you take your mind off of Vince," Chelsea encouraged. "There's a few guys over there that look cute." She pointed across the club.

I sighed, muttering, "Fine." As I was getting ready to walk over to the guys, I heard a voice behind me.

"Stacey, is that you?" I heard a guy ask.

I turned around, half expecting it to be Vince, but instead it was Jeff, my new manager. "Hey, Jeff," I said, smiling and all of a sudden feeling better.