Chapter 21

{Song in video: Cee Lo Green - Bright Lights Bigger City}

"What do you think I should wear to an art museum?" I asked Chelsea, looking at the clothes in my closet. I was getting ready to go on a date with Vince to the art museum.

"I'm not sure what artsy people wear," Chelsea said, looking confused. "Maybe something simple yet elegant?"

"That's what I'm thinking." I picked out a black dress with sequins.

Chelsea recently moved in a few days ago. We unpacked most of her stuff, but some of her stuff was still in boxes. She was currently staying in the only other room I had available.

Her old apartment was now on sale, and I could tell that she was still upset over that.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" I asked her as I put on my gold necklace.

"Yeah," Chelsea said, waving her hand. "You should go and have fun on your date with Vince. I'll be fine."

"Oh okay." I grinned. "Thanks."

When I picked out what I wanted to wear, I changed into that, fixed my hair, and got my purse.

"Hey, I'm going to be heading out now," I said as I walked out the door.

"Okay, have fun!" Chelsea exclaimed, waving.

I waved back, closed the door, and took a taxi to go to the art museum.

When I got out of the taxi, I saw Vince standing outside of the door, glancing around. He was wearing a dark brown suit.

He smiled, waving as he saw me walking towards him.

"Hey," I said, then giving him a kiss.

"Hey," Vince greeted back, kissing me back, and then smiling. "How has your day been so far?"

"It's been good. Chelsea just moved in recently so most of her stuff is unpacked, but she still has some unpacking to do, not too much though."

"Oh, Chelsea moved in?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah." I nodded. "She lost her job recently and the landlord was about to kick her out because she was late paying him the past few months, and couldn't afford living there anymore, so I suggested her to move in with me until she finds a job and place."

"That's nice of you to do that."

"Thanks."

"You're welcome." He nodded, and glanced at the art museum. "So I guess we can go in now."

"Yeah, let's go."

We walked in the art museum, and looked at the different paintings, drawings, and sculptures.

"I like this one," I said, pointing at a painting of purple lavender flowers.

"I do too," Vince said, nodding his head in agreement.

I kept looking at the different paintings, and unfortunately, I bumped into a woman who looked to be in her 30's. She gave me an annoyed look.

"Sorry," I said to her, wincing.

She rolled her eyes, and continued walking.

I turned to Vince, and then I burst out laughing. "I got reminded of the time that Chelsea and I went to get ice cream, and then I accidentally bumped into you. You were really annoyed at me," I said.

"I remember that," Vince said, chuckling.

"I need to watch out where I'm going. One time, I almost fell in a hole in the city when I was a little girl."