Chapter 6

{Character in picture: Jensen Ackles as Dave McKinley}

{Song in video: Kat DeLuna - Unstoppable}

I sighed as I got to work, deciding I wasn't going to bother Mr. Havens at all. I sat at my desk quietly and worked on the computer and answered phone calls.

After a while and to my dismay, I saw Dave walking to Mr. Haven's office. I gasped and quickly hid under my desk.

"What are you doing?" Dante said to me, giving me a strange look.

"Shhh! He'll hear you!" I hissed from under the desk.

"Do I even want to know?" he mumbled to himself, and got back to work.

I heard the door to Mr. Haven's office open. "Hello, Mr. Havens," I heard Dave say to him.

"Welcome, Mr. McKinley. Close the door, and come have a seat," I heard Mr. Havens say.

Dave closed the door, and I got back up, and sat on my chair. "Whew, that was a close one!" I exclaimed, letting out a sigh of relief.

Dante gave me a weird look. "Are you going to tell me what all that was about?"

"Okay, so that guy Dave was at Mr. Havens party. He's my ex-boyfriend. We asked each other how we were doing, and he said he was a boss at his own company, so I did a dumb thing and told him that I was also a boss of my own company," I explained. "Wait...I thought I told you that already."

Dante rolled his eyes and face palmed. "I assumed that was a weird joke you were trying to tell me. Why would you do that? You don't lie about stuff like that, especially in business."

"I know! I don't know why I lied. It just kind of came out." I fiddled with my thumbs, looking at the floor in shame.

Dante burst out laughing, and had tears coming out of his eyes.

"What's so funny? Why are you laughing at me?" I glared, looking back up.

"You always get yourself in a bad situation." He kept on laughing.

I rolled my eyes, and then decided to lean against the door to eavesdrop on Mr. Havens and Dave's conversation.

Meanwhile, Mr. Havens and Dave were discussing what other boss from another company should join them in coming up with an idea for them to work on.

"We just need another CEO of a company to join us. Can you think of any?" Mr. Havens asked him.

Dave paused for a moment. "Hmmm...well there is one I know. She was at your party. Her name is Stacey Marks."

Mr. Havens eyes widened. "Come again, sir?"

"Stacey Marks."

He face palmed and laughed. "I think you're getting someone mixed up. You're talking about Anastasia Stacey Marks?"

"Yes, I am." He had a confused tone in his voice.

"She works for me."

"She does? She told me she was a boss of her own company." He sounded shocked.

Mr. Havens chuckled to himself. "She's so...I don't even know the word..."

"But seriously she works at THIS company?"

"Yes. Hold on one second." I heard him coming toward the door.

I quickly sat back in my seat, and got out files.

"Anastasia?" Mr. Havens said as he got out of his office.

My eyes widened. "Um, yes sir?" Please don't tell me to come in there.